`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for an ITG History of Hockey Hextall rant…

RE: Time for an ITG History of Hockey Hextall rant…
(12-27-2012, 01:43 PM)dam1057 Wrote: Is it me, or am I off base with In The Game and their latest release, The History of Hockey? For my Ron Hextall collection, there are 22 cards in the set and 20 of them are 1/1. But, I have them all from their original years. Does it make sense that ITG bought (or maybe printed one more?) of all the cards I already have. The only two “new” cards are the Hextall Scores a Goal, silver and gold versions. Have the silver by the way, need the gold.

I have trouble rapping my head around bidding, purchasing and/or trading for all these cards I “need” and already have. The 1/1 ITG cards make me wonder about the actual print run. For instance, 2006-07 ITG Shooting Gallery had an announced print run of 30 silver and 10 gold. Does that mean ITG printed at least 31, or did they find one card and now there are only 29 in the set? The card (1812/4000 for those keeping track) went on eBay for $98.00, but I just watched it roll by, as I have two or three other Hextall cards. I could have had it for that price, but, I already have it.

If ITG reprints, pulls from storage or acquires a card, puts in a slab with a label on top, does that make it a new card? To me, it seems like a rerun. I have about 1200 Ron Hextall cards, but I will be passing on the 20 “new” cards offered up by ITG. I am curious to what other folks think, especially those of us who, primarily, focus on one or two players.

I hope everyone had a Happy Christmas (Dickens language) and will have a prosperous New Year. It would also be neat if NHL hockey started up…

End of the rant, thanks.

I'm pretty sure all they did was buy back one of their own cards and threw it into a 1/1 slab. Atleast that better be how it is lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time for an ITG History of Hockey Hextall rant… - by swjrp10 - 12-27-2012, 02:39 PM