`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
1st Annual weslamb and friends Contest for December!! Final Entries Only

RE: 1st Annual weslamb and friends Contest for December!! Final Entries Only
First off I want to say a big thanks for the contest, always fun to participate! For me, this contest there is only one player I would consider doing..Jerry Rice. When I was around six or seven years old my dad read me a children’s book about “The Story of Jerry Rice,” from that moment forward I was hooked. What got me about his story was that when he was training at the high school level, his family wasn't able to afford the gear or equipment to properly train. His father was a mason and would throw Jerry bricks to strengthen his hands. I was so fascinated by the fact that Jerry would catch bricks to become a better football player!

Since then I would ride my bike to my local card shop and spend my allowance and paper route money on Jerry Rice base cards and inserts. I remember visiting my card shop and bringing in my report cards and for every A I had, the owner would give me a Rice card. Collecting was so much more than just a hobby for me. It was a shared experience between my dad and younger brother. It motivated me in school, and it gave me some of my loftiest dreams of being a football player… something every kid should get to experience.

As the market for cards changed, around 2006 I was able to afford a higher tier of cards and got my first Jerry Rice jersey card. For me though, my most exciting moment was my high school graduation present of a mint Jerry Rice Rookie card. Today, Jerry Rice is still my favorite player of all-time and will be to the day I die. Even though he is no longer playing, I still love my Niners! If I was to win this box, I would have my bro over and “bust some wax” like we did when we were kids. Thanks again and happy holidays to all!

I can't get the photo to post correctly, so a separate link to my photo bucket can be found below.

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o758...d0506d.jpg

[Image: IMG_1371_zps4dd0506d.jpg]
[Image: Sports_guy21_Beckett-Banner.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Annual weslamb and friends Contest for December!! Final Entries Only - by sports_guy21 - 12-26-2012, 03:05 PM