`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Heritage...how long will it go?

RE: Topps Heritage...how long will it go?
Someone stated the 1988 Topps design and how people don't like it. If you think about it I am sure a ton of those 1988 Topps card get thrown away every year and by the time they get to 1988 if they do it will be what 2037 and those 1988 cards will be old and could be rare. From what I heard the reason why cards like 1952 are so expensive is back in the early 80's when you could get a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle for a cheap price Topps had a huge supply of cards sitting in the ware house and they just destroyed them. The cards from the 50's and 60's are not really rare either as I am sure there 100,000 of each card floating around somewhere. Some could be in attacks that some kid’s father had and collected when they were kids and have just been forgotten about. I mean really how many times you have heard stories of someone going through there fathers stuff and finding a bunch of baseball cards then finding out there worth a lot of money selling them.
I believe this says it best though if you want to read the whole article here is the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Topps_Company

Berger hired a garbage boat to remove leftover boxes of 1952 baseball cards stored in their warehouse, and rode with them as a tugboat pulled them off the New Jersey shore. The cards were then dumped into the Atlantic Ocean.[5] The cards included Mickey Mantle's first Topps card, the most valuable card of the modern era. No one at the time, of course, knew the collector's value the cards would one day attain. Currently, a pack of 1952 Topps baseball cards is worth at least $5,000.

Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Topps Heritage...how long will it go? - by chrisa19978 - 11-10-2012, 08:18 AM