`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby?

RE: Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby?
(10-16-2012, 11:14 AM)nineof Wrote: One bad thing about this hobby sometimes, is dealing with other people in this hobby. Lol. I know some of you know what I'm talking about. If not, pay no attention to the hermit... Lol.

I've been selling off my Bradford autos on eBay. They don't all sell, obviously, but after one card didn't sell, I was contacted by a potential buyer. He said that card has been selling for x amount on eBay, so would I sell it to him for x amount rather than relisting it. I said, sure... I mean, it was only a small percentage less than what I was asking, so why not make some cash. Then he pays me... x amount - 10%! because "that's what I would have gotten on ebay! What a d-bag! I laid into him and he apologized and said he would take care of it. He bought several more cards without any major issues (although he tried to lowball me each and every time).

The last time I dealt with him was the straw that broke the camel's back. He asked me the price on one of my favorite Bradford cards. I quoted him a price that was ~90% of book value. He said ok. Then he said no. Then he said ok. Then no again, claiming he just sold his own card for less than half of what I wanted for my card, and he didn't think he could flip it since his customers were down on Bradford (it was still the preseason, so expectations were near the bottom). I wrote him back, and very bluntly told him, I didn't give a flying f### about his customers, and my price was THE price. He then writes me back and says I sounded a little upset in my previous email. I snapped... I told him I was seriously f'n pissed off with him. I came down on him with every curse word I could think of while explaining how I had every right to be mad. He was constantly flip-flopping one whether or not he was going to buy my card, and how he had consistently lowballed me. And I told him I didn't care if he bought my card or not. I was done talking to him. And I kid you not... Three minutes later, I get an email from PayPal stating I was just paid my full asking amount. It was the last time I ever heard from him.

So yeah... Dealing with the pinheads is my worst part of the hobby, and one of the reasons I no longer collect. No "sometimes" about it. Wink
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby? - by all day baby - 10-16-2012, 09:54 PM