`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby?

Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby?
I think its greed with laziness being a close 2nd.

In this particular instance:

Two weeks ago or so there was a NICE ZT Ive wanted for what seems like forever. Well I put in a bid that I thought would win and it did not. I lost. I was upset about it but accepted it as its part of the hobby. Fast forward to now the same card popped up on ebay for about 3 and 1/2 times more than what he originally paid for it. I realize there is nothing illegal/immoral about this in anyway but I just dont like the "Im going to buy this and try and make a profit just because" aspect of the hobby. I also know everyone including myself has taken part in this practice at least once but that doesnt mean I dont hate it.

Also I know some people who will read this want to say "perhaps you shouldve bid more" and my response is simply "DUH!!!!".

What are some stories or observations about this hobby that gets under your skin? Have you done the exact same thing to someone else? Im just curious.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Messages In This Thread
Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby? - by bakerman8419 - 10-16-2012, 12:34 AM