`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominating the last pack rule, twice in one shot!

Dominating the last pack rule, twice in one shot!
Howdy folks! I started my day off right, by going to the only place that I've ever seen where I can buy my morning coffee as well as packs of hobby hockey cards. I considered grabbing a scratch ticket and trying my luck, but previous attempts have left me somewhat hesitant to make that leap so early in the morning. Stepping up to the counter I spy something out of the corner of my eye in the glass display case-o-packs. Why, it's a single pack of SP Game Used just hanging out all by its lonesome, as I'm about to purchase my somewhat awful coffee. Do I dare? Yeah, I think I'll take that, and why not throw in the single pack of O-Pee-Chee left all by itself as well, leaving me with mere pennies left over from the two crisp twenties that I handed to the young lady at the counter. Two clear violations of the last pack rule, which is a HUGE rule in my book, thanks to my previous luck. I didn't have another O-Pee-Chee pack to compare the size of the pack, so I didn't see this one coming...

[Image: 11-12O-Pee-CheeTeamLogoPatchesNHL05-06to...rimary.jpg]

Hey, not bad! I've opened a couple boxes of O-Pee-Chee and not pulled any, but the last single pack that I opened landed me a Couturier Team Canada Signature, so the last pack rule works in my favor once again!

Now with the SP Game Used, I was skeptical. I have pulled a couple of nice cards this year, but most of the time I end up pulling a base card, a no-name RC and an Authentic Fabrics card of Dan Boyle or Tyler Bozak or something equally not-for-me. No offense to them, of course, but their cards honestly do little for my collection, and are marginal trade bait, at best. I was wrong, there was NO rookie card. Just four base cards and this almost-a-decoy...

[Image: SkinnerRedemption.jpg]

Luckily it has a few things written on it, like "Congratulations" and "redemption" and "Jeff Skinner." No complaints there.

Both are available, along with a bunch of other stuff that I've picked up over the last few weeks and added to the bucket but not actually posted about. Thanks for having a look!
-Chris
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

Messages In This Thread
Dominating the last pack rule, twice in one shot! - by bruinsfan08 - 09-04-2012, 06:27 PM