`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me"

RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me"
(07-04-2012, 03:17 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Using your own logic about Harper, Trout shouldn't be an all-star since he's only played in one more game than Harper anyway:

Would it make a difference to you if the bat didn't come back and hit him in the face? If you're looking for examples of players throwing bats/helmets/water coolers/etc, there certainly is no shortage. Nevermind the players that argue with other teammates/coaches/umpires, charge pitchers, use illegal drugs, have gambling problems, abuse their wives, and get DUIs occasionally.

But hey, that 19 year old frustrated at the day he had so he hit the wall with his bat is just a TERRIBLE human being!

My point is Harper has not played well enough in the games he did play in to be an all star, a power hitter with 20 rbis???? Trout only played a few more games than Harper but he has had enough bats to qualify for league leaders and he is leading the al in hitting. harper isnt in the top 20 in any category. on your other comment, we arent talking about other players here being abusive, addicts, etc this was about Harper being immature. I dont have a high opinion on the guy and just dont get where he has the right to tell fans i dont deserve to be an allstar over chipper......the guys is batting under 300 with 8 hrs and 20 rbis.......what is there that makes him think he would even be considered. i think the comment was made for the wrong reason, to get people to like him and vote him in. the fact he had a little hissy fit and needed stitches and almost had to leave the game, id say that makes him a terrible teammate. As for Mike Trout, I saw him live last night at the tribe game and he is the real deal. Getting that kid out doesnt come easy. In conclusion, like i stated before, I voted for the all star team and he wasnt even considered. keep in mind, all stars are just as much about stats as it is popularity. is melky cabrera popular....no but he is killin the stats this yr which made him an all star.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bryce Harper and the all-star game: "vote for chipper, not me" - by rybowski97 - 07-04-2012, 05:59 PM