`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
BVG Graded cards valued less than ungraded of same condition??

RE: BVG Graded cards valued less than ungraded of same condition??
(05-07-2012, 03:03 PM)dmasci Wrote: I guess the answer would have to be that Beckett does not set the value for any particular card whether graded or not. The value listed in Beckett is supposed to be an indication of what that particuar card is selling for out in the various markets. So I guess it is possible that raw cards that are ExMt can be selling for more than graded cards actually graded ExMt.

I agree with this in theory, and would have to do some research to see if it holds true, but I honestly don't think that much thought is going into the graded prices. I think it's just a simple formula, that is not representative of selling prices, but rather just a percentage of what Beckett has listed the raw card price at. I really can't imagine a raw card ever selling for more than a graded card of the same quality, provided the seller has given an accurate grade to the card, which intentional or not, is probably not very likely. If nothing else, I would think graded cards of any condition would be worth more, based simply on the guarantee of authenticity and condition that a card graded by any reputable company offers.

I'm going to do a little research and post my findings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BVG Graded cards valued less than ungraded of same condition?? - by greco827 - 05-08-2012, 01:37 PM