Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beckett, please update the Annual Guide Book
12-20-2011, 10:51 AM
RE: Beckett, please update the Annual Guide Book
(12-20-2011 03:16 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote:  Ok first check out my this thread. It seems we were going to buy the same card. lol.

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1469643.html

Second did the seller contact you to tell you the auto wasn't Pennington's???

Hi Bakerman, sorry I missed your thread. I've been working long hours including Saturdays so I've not been getting to the forum very much for the last month.
I've been working on expanding my Jets autos collection over the last two years, I do it quietly, I don't want to tip off people of cards I'm wanting to buy. My Jets official auto collection has passed 1000, not including 200+ Press Pass / Sage etc cards from Mark Sanchez back to Keyshawn Johnson who signed college card the year the Jets drafted them.
If I had more time I'd continue scanning them and upload them for this forum.
I want to be designated a Jets supercollector, there are so many cards with auto variants as well as the thousands of patches, I decided the autos was the direction I would take.
Checkoutmycards has one of these 44 Chad Pennington cards, currently the seller is discounting it from $150 to $85. When it appeared on ebay, I wanted it and I'm happy I won it. $27 is still a bargain for an ex Jets QB in my mind. Did you bid on ths card??

It has expanded my Chad Pennington auto collection to 65, I knew there was something funky about the card as the auto did not look like any of the others.

Even though Chad Pennington was released by the Jets in 2008 with the arrival of Brett Favre, he's always going to be a Jet as far as I'm concerned.
I mentioned I went through all the 2004 Fleer (including Flair) products in the Annual Guide to find Chris Perry. The example I scanned (Chris Perry Flair Auto Silver) is not listed in the Guide, I hope Mr Dan Hitt can add it for next year, we card collectors are always pushing towards 100% of all cards listed, Beckett does a great job of updating the guide.

I know I'm a Jets fanatic, I know way too much about that franchise, so here's the Pennington bio update from the question you asked in your thread.

In a 2003 preseason game against the Giants, he suffered a fracture dislocation of his left (non throwing hand) so signing autos should not have been a problem that year. Chad was out about half the 2003 season
I assume that veteran players sign a lot of stickers or (Fleer logo paper) in the offseason, not during the season so I assume Chad signed autos in early 2004 for Fleer, Upper Deck, Topps etc. So no effect on his ability to sign.

On Nov 7th 2004 (week 9) in Buffalo, Chad injured his shoulder, diving head first for a first down attempt, he missed three games when Quincy Carter filled in (there's another amazing Jets story to tell with Carter). Chad recovered enough to play thru the playoffs before having his first shoulder surgery in Feb 2005. I would like to think Chad signed left handed but I am 100% sure it is Chris Perrys autos in Chad Penningtons 2004 Fleer Genuine At Large Patch autograph cards.

Hope this reply was not too long, I'm pleased to have the card, I'm glad other people were curious about the auto, I think two of us independently identified this UER, and there are collectors who are interested enough to research and share their findings. I enjoy this forum, enjoy talking to other collectors, I've only ever met one of you, sent free cards to two of you, I don't advertise these but I do enjoy exchanging info with whoever takes the time to talk to me.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all of you.

The wannabe Jets Supercollector
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beckett, please update the Annual Guide Book - ginge01 - 12-20-2011 10:51 AM