`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini is a straight joke, I am done...

RE: Panini is a straight joke, I am done...
(11-26-2011, 04:48 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: Another awful thing about redemptions is that they expire. If one of these guys turns out to be something big in the future, there will be no autos available from older wax, just the worthless redemption of the player that the company was to lazy or didn't care enough about getting, to fulfill their obligation to their customers. I do believe it is the card company's obligation to get the autographs of the players they say are on the checklist. If it is the player (who signed the agreement as part of being a compensated member of the player's association/NFL Properties), the company should be able to sue players for services not rendered.

Two short things. I don't know why I come to the defense of Panini and Upper Deck, but I just seem to do that. First.....I recommened buying cards that you want if people can't stand disappointment. Nothing is guaranteed when you open a box or a case. Yes it would be nice to get a PC hit, yes it would be nice to get the box value or case value. Trust me, I have been there plenty of times. I have been collecting for nearly 20 years, spent thousands of dollars. I would say I spend at least $10,000 year on cards, but I have learned to deal with the fact that a box or a case is going to contain whatever is in it. If you were given some money to open 10 of the best cases out there, there is no guarantee you will be happy with what you pull. It is just like a fooball game or any sport, any given day. It is all a chance.

Now for this post. I wish we knew more about card companies and their practices. Meaning, what I see in this post, it seems like maybe the card companies send out stickers every two weeks before a product is released and the stickers that are sent out within a month of a product is released, they put redemptions in for them. Really, we can't blame the company. For example, back in August, Panini annouced that they received signed stickers back for Chris Henry, yes the deceased Chris Henry of the Bengals. What happened? My guess is that he signed them, never sent them in. His family ran across them as they were cleaning his room....his house, whatever his living situation was, and mailed them in. It is up to the players to mail back the cards/stickers. No company can make a player do anything even though they are paying them. I do get the fact that redemption shouldn't expire or at least be honored in some way but from my understanding, there are government regulation that the companies have to ad heard to when it comes to redemptions and or contests which redemptions fall under. So when we are saying that the companies are too lazy, we really don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I am quite sure most players are given the same or rather a great amount of time to get the stickers back to the company. We need to stop blaming them because we don't really know who is the cause.

Don't be suprised if you see what I mentioned above again. I wanted to do a post on this topic anyway.

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panini is a straight joke, I am done... - by kollectornet - 12-01-2011, 11:26 AM