`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...

RE: Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...
(07-25-2011, 02:16 PM)shivelycore Wrote: As I always say in reply to this gripe about Allen & Ginter, be glad you didnt collect cards 125 years ago because that's how the early sets were. Ginter is a tribute to those early sets. That's exactly the point of them.

Yes, but we don't live back then. Now we have lived in decade after decade of specialized card collecting where we can buy a baseball product and know we are getting only baseball.

Now I don't care if someone wants to collect A&G, because that is their choice, and it doesn't bother me that this set exists either, even though it isn't my cup of tea. But using the comeback that you should be glad you weren't around 125 years ago is tenuous at best. If we were around 125 years ago our collecting choices would be determined by what we knew and the culture of the time. The fact is, we DON'T live 125 years ago and our collecting preferences rightfully reflect that fact.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than... - by _ZENAS_ - 07-25-2011, 03:06 PM