`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

how do i do a massive search for a card with out going into each persons trade page? i'm looking for 2008 prime cuts material quads cards 7 & 8.

I've written UD and asked all the big Griffey collectors that I know but the answer is the same: there is no answer. I found/purchased a 2007 UD Chronicles Ken Griffey Jr autograph card, KG1 is the numbering. A regular Chronicles set is listed but no mention of autographs is made. Here are scans of the front and back - any help would be appreciated.
[Image: 2007UDChroniclesAuto.jpg]
[Image: DSC00154.jpg]
[url=http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd146/laney_bruce/Griffey/Auto/?start=al
l]My Griffey Collection[/url]

malouf1850 Wrote:how do i do a massive search for a card with out going into each persons trade page? i'm looking for 2008 prime cuts material quads cards 7 & 8.

Search for a card then go to the tabs that say shop or trade off of that page. odds are, you won't find it but if someone does have one listed in either place it should take you do it... (test it on a more common card...)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Reagle Beagle 37 Wrote:

The following card (2006-07 USA Baseball Bound for Beijing Materials #17 Chad Allen Hat SP) ... I can't find it anywhere, nor have I ever seen it listed on Ebay or Naxcom. Can you confirm this card actually exists, or am I chasing something that was never created?

I do think I have seen the card. However I didn't find it when I looked yesterday.

The collation on those sets could be pretty funky -- I pulled 3-4 SP hat cards of Billy Butler out of the same case when I busted one.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Hello. New to the site so unable to post an image...I have two 1994 Topps Stadium Club Frank Thomas cards, numbered 285. It is the one where it looks like he is "giving the finger" to the camera man. One of the cards appears to have missed the red gloss layering process, as there is no last name on the card and there is no "topps stadium club" in the upper left corner. Does anyone know anything about this or how rare it is? I have searched all over the web and cannot find anything about this. I would love to upload it if allowed. Thank you!

RoyalsFan25 Wrote:Hello. New to the site so unable to post an image...I have two 1994 Topps Stadium Club Frank Thomas cards, numbered 285. It is the one where it looks like he is "giving the finger" to the camera man. One of the cards appears to have missed the red gloss layering process, as there is no last name on the card and there is no "topps stadium club" in the upper left corner. Does anyone know anything about this or how rare it is? I have searched all over the web and cannot find anything about this. I would love to upload it if allowed. Thank you!

It's a misprint where the foil wasn't applied. Many would consider it a worthless printing error, though some Frank Thomas collectors might be more interested. A variation wouldn't be cataloged unless there was a very substantial quantity of the cards made with that problem.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

Chris, can you provide any help with my above Griffey post?
[url=http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd146/laney_bruce/Griffey/Auto/?start=al
l]My Griffey Collection[/url]

I have a 1991 Donruss Factory set and show it's only worth $10.00 But, when I add them to my Organizer, they show a value of $60.15 for the same complete set.

I don't understand?

$2.00 of it was Nolan Ryan.
WANTED: Pete Rose / Dale Murphy before 1981 / BUY or TRADE

http://stores.ebay.com/DugoutATL
http://www.facebook.com/RaylonsCollectibles

Raylon Wrote:I have a 1991 Donruss Factory set and show it's only worth $10.00 But, when I add them to my Organizer, they show a value of $60.15 for the same complete set.

I don't understand?

$2.00 of it was Nolan Ryan.

That will happen with any set because values will always be higher when sold as singles. Why? Complete sets are often sold a lot less often -- people typically just want the players/cards they want, not the rest. Dealers will also often break up sets to sell the singles and then wait months if not years, to move the rest.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

laneyb Wrote:Chris, can you provide any help with my above Griffey post?

Will have to discuss this one with the analyst to see if we have tracked any sales -- or whether it was just missed. That will be next week.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news