Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

Hey Chris,

I just received my goodies from Free Stuff Friday and I couldn't help bursting out laughing at work when I opened the card to see my very own, hand numbered 29/50, Chris Olds baseball card. If you got rid of the glasses, you might be a spot on match for The Swish.

Needless to say, this will be a focal point of my collection. Do the price guide gurus anticipate adding this card and its pricing to the the online catalog? :-)

A little off-topic but it cracked me up.

Thanks to you and the staff for the free goodies and I look forward to the next give away!!!

wscwhitesox2005 Wrote:Hey Chris,

I just received my goodies from Free Stuff Friday and I couldn't help bursting out laughing at work when I opened the card to see my very own, hand numbered 29/50, Chris Olds baseball card. If you got rid of the glasses, you might be a spot on match for The Swish.

Needless to say, this will be a focal point of my collection. Do the price guide gurus anticipate adding this card and its pricing to the the online catalog? :-)

A little off-topic but it cracked me up.

Thanks to you and the staff for the free goodies and I look forward to the next give away!!!

It's called Photoshop, sir. Haha.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Chris,

Don't know if there is a guru out there that is an expert on the mid-80's to early 90's Star Company sets. There are quite a few more sets and variations (Diamond, Nova), etc. than are in the Beckett archives. An addition to the listings (even getting them off the 'bay) would be a help to us player collectors.

Steve
Collecting Doug Waechter (118/149), Jared Sandberg (107/125), 1994-95 BB Michael Jordan (69/89), 1977-1997 Eddie Murray (877/943), and Bo Jackson BB/FB 1986-1995 (447/486), 2007 Fleer Mini Gold (126/370). Only completing trades with something on my lists.

M7M7, I have quite a few 1959 topps cards mostly in EX+ condition. I am not new to collecting but have just become active on site so I will try to get them into my organize as soon as i can. I do not have access to a scanner or digital camera at this time but will get one soon so that I can pursue my dream of buying selling and trading as a semi full time occupation. I look forward to working with yourself and the rest of this community in the future.

Thanks

I have a set of 4 1997 Donruss The Big Heart Frank Thomas cards. They are #'d to 2500.
Cant find any info on them any where. Price guide doesnt even list them.

Will Panini (Donruss) be releasing Baseball sets this year or in the future?
Since Tristar is an MiLB rights and Topps and Upper Deck have the MLB rights are they not allowed to making any cards picturing baseball players?

bwackerlin Wrote:Question 1:

Does Beckett have any evidence that this card exists?

2001 Fleer Tradition "Stitches in Time" Willie Mays Autograph #4

The price guide checklists it and has a high BV of $150.00 for it. Yet I have collected this set and have spoken with many knowledgeable collectors of this set and no one has ever seen this card in autographed form. An unautographed version had surfaced, but not out of a pack (Fleer bankruptcy release). I would like to know how Beckett can catalogue and value this card, as it doesn't exist to my knowledge and isn't traded (i.e. no market information for valuation).

Hit me up. I can fill you in on this card. There's information about this card that's hasn't been published. 
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

Chris,

why is the player database all mixed up? I type in Jose Canseco and get 2664 results.. scroll through and they are not all even in numerical order by year. for example, there are 1987-97 cards on the last page along with the 2005-09 issues.. its impossible for me to tell whats been added to the list if I can't refer to it in order by year. originally this wasn't the case so obviously there is a glitch somewhere that hopefully someone can address.

Hello, I was hoping you could help me out. I recently moved and my Becketts were thrown away (my wife denies knowing anything about it...lol) I had the issue that had the product preview on 2008 UD Premier and I was wondering if you could tell me what issue it was. Thanks
Frank

Chris,
I have a 2005 Bowman Chrome Green Refractor of Ian Kinsler. This card looks exactly like the uncirculated Green Refractors #/225, except it is not serial numbered on the back. The only information I have been given is that the card came from a complete set of Green Refractors(redemption set?), but this has not been confirmed. Any information you might be able to find would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.