`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

When I search for the preview of 2009 Topps Ticket to Stardom, it is not listed as a set.  Usually, the set is listed without prices, but not this time..

Is this set going to be added soon??

I figured that one would be in there already -- but I didn't find it either. Looks like that's atop Fleischer's list to finish up once he's back in the office.

The Tek patterns were likely never noted/broken down long before the trade aspect of the site was developed. I'm sure they'll consider that now since it's been brought up.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Last month I received the monthly baseball magazine. On the side it said it was the October issue. Was this a typo?
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Chris,

some other things I'd like to see on this site.

why can't we have a little check box next to messages in our inbox so that we can delete a bunch at once instead of one at a time and have to go back into each one again to do it manually?

also it would be nice if you could search someone's collections by Game Used or Auto's when trading with them. people request one of mine and I have to go through thousands of their common card listings to find stuff of equal value. would be nice if I could just click GU'ed or Auto in their collection and it brings up all of those cards only in the search much the same it will if you click just a players name.

it would also be nice if we could checkmark to delete all cancelled trades on our trade pages instead of having a huge list of them remain forever..

animie67 Wrote:Last month I received the monthly baseball magazine. On the side it said it was the October issue. Was this a typo?

There was a change to the production schedule because of national newsstand distribution changes  -- it shuffled the month names of a couple of issues. However, all should be back on schedule now. (The numbers of the issues didn't change -- just the months.)

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

1st4040 Wrote:Chris,

some other things I'd like to see on this site.

why can't we have a little check box next to messages in our inbox so that we can delete a bunch at once instead of one at a time and have to go back into each one again to do it manually?

also it would be nice if you could search someone's collections by Game Used or Auto's when trading with them. people request one of mine and I have to go through thousands of their common card listings to find stuff of equal value. would be nice if I could just click GU'ed or Auto in their collection and it brings up all of those cards only in the search much the same it will if you click just a players name.

it would also be nice if we could checkmark to delete all cancelled trades on our trade pages instead of having a huge list of them remain forever..

I don't handle any of that (see original post), however, I can assure you that your recommendations will be seen by those who do.

Also, feel free to send info like this to customerservice@beckett.com

<a href="http://beta.beckett.com/Content/Help/FAQ.aspx?utm_source=092309getsatisfactionemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=faq">Check out the help page here -- on the upper right there is a way to report a problem or issue</a>

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

Why does Beckett sully its otherwise good name (BVG, BGS are GREAT) with the BCCG grading service which is clearly an inferior product? I think it adds confusion to the grading system with the way the # grades and quality descriptor don't match up (i.e. excellent should be associated with 5...)

I also think some collectors (it happened to my brother once) buy the card feeling rest assured that a grading service like Beckett is high-quality, top-notch when in the case of BCCG clearly it is not.

While I'm add it, could you improve the quality of the pages in the Beckett Price Guides? They seem to rip very easily and I have to buy new ones all the time. Oops, nevermind, just answered that question Smile

Thanks!

I just purchased a 2009 Bowman Chrome Hobby box, and i got 2 cards of Matt Mitchell BCP147, one is a serial number refractor. However, Beckett pricing does not recognize either card, and its number. The only Matt Mitchell card is a serial number autograph card, which neither of my cards are. The Autograph card is coded, BCP98. I am trying to get the accurate pricing for these cards. Please Help!!!$0$0$0

Mintacular Wrote:Why does Beckett sully its otherwise good name (BVG, BGS are GREAT) with the BCCG grading service which is clearly an inferior product? I think it adds confusion to the grading system with the way the # grades and quality descriptor don't match up (i.e. excellent should be associated with 5...)

I also think some collectors (it happened to my brother once) buy the card feeling rest assured that a grading service like Beckett is high-quality, top-notch when in the case of BCCG clearly it is not.

While I'm add it, could you improve the quality of the pages in the Beckett Price Guides? They seem to rip very easily and I have to buy new ones all the time. Oops, nevermind, just answered that question Smile

Thanks!

I should have mentioned I don't handle grading, either --- that's an entire separate division of the company ---  however here is their FAQ on BCCG:

<a href="http://www.beckett.com/estore/helpsys/viewarticle.aspx?ArticleId=237">BCCG FAQs</a>

As for paper quality, it's a balancing act between the number of pages and then the cost of the magazine. Printing Beckett Baseball on thicker paper at that number of pages would up the cost of the magazine.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

The Cardboard Fan Wrote:
chrisolds Wrote:Ah... *that* set.

(See previous answer about Signacuts and cut sets above.)

Yeah I saw that, but unlicensed or not they are in Beckett slabs out of the packaging so? Just doesn't seem right but enough of my rant

Either way thanks Chris

Just because a product has a Beckett slab (not graded or authenticated by Beckett, by the way) doesn't mean it will be cataloged or priced. Again, it's the licensing that, I believe, is the reason.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news