`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
Hi I just got a 2012 Bowman Draft Future games card( Oscar Taveras) FG-OT.
The price guide does not have these listed as Refractors but I'm being told that they are? I think it's just a future games insert and not a refractor. Can you shed some light on this for me?

Good Thursday afternoon! I may have already received my answer in another thread, but I'd like to confirm.

Why did Beckett quit adding the Grandstand brand Minor League cards to their database in 2002? I was told it could be a licensing issue. The cards I have I mostly purchased as sets and individuals at the actual Minor League stadium fan store (Springfield Cardinals Hammons Field).

Just curious. Thank You!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

I see plenty of grandstand sets on the site:

http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=gran...rowNum=500
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

I see plenty of grandstand sets on the site:

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

In regard to 2012 topps Series 2
Rod Barajas has a 391 (printed upside down) and a 395 printed correctly, but that # was assigned to Jonathan Lucroy, not Barajas. No mention of the error and/or correction is made in the OPG.
What is the deal with that mess?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Hi Chris,

Do you think that card companies will ever do away with retail packs? I have wondered this for a long time. I am sure that they make a ton money on them because the odds of pulling something are slim and the price point is similar to hobby packs in most cases. I propose that retail stores buy in on hobby packs and maybe they can package each pack in those cardboard blisters with the plastic around the packs. In my case the closest hobby shop is an hour away so it makes it tough for me to get to the shop when I get that itch. And it is very discouraging when you spend $100 at Walmart on blasters and you don't get anything decent to show for it. I know pack searchers are always going to be a factor but their are ways to beat them. I think it would be a more sound investment for retail store to start carrying hobby. Walmart and Target do get hobby boxes once and a while and they usually fly off the shelf. I would love to be able to go to Walmart and buy some packs will the same odds of pulling a decent card.

I would love to know what you think.

Thanks

Chad Clark

I feel silly, I now see what I was doing wrong and why I could only find them through 2002...completely my fault.

Although all mine are from 2011 and 2012, which are not yet on here.

Thank you Chris and my apologies.

(01-17-2013, 07:04 PM)chrisolds Wrote: I see plenty of grandstand sets on the site:

COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

Hi Chris,

I had this question on the forum below and thougt maybe you would know.

Pujols 2001 SP Authentic RC is numbered to /1250. He also has a Limited version numbered to /50.

I have seen a version where the serial number is missing. Is this more rare and more valuable or not a big deal and worth less or the same as his numbered cards?

It is listed in the BGS Registry but not available in the Beckett Price Guide.

I tried Googling it but found nothing. Any help would be great.

Thanks....Mike
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

Why are some Multi-Ad Sports minor league cards in the database and others aren't?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Chris, any insight on whether Kris Medlen will be signing any cards for 2013 baseball product?
[Image: banner8_zpsd1d99d0d.jpg]

Collecting Brandon Beachy, Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Andrelton Simmons and Vintage Atlanta Braves