`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

Member Status
I've been on the board since 2001. Last week i had to have my password re-set and my status changed to "new member." What gives?

Thanks

RE: Member Status
(02-01-2012, 08:53 AM)soxfansteve Wrote: I've been on the board since 2001. Last week i had to have my password re-set and my status changed to "new member." What gives?

Thanks
You do know your member status is based om how much you post, right? You only have a few posts on the boards which makes you a new member.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
(01-31-2012, 03:21 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hi Chris,
Two questions and a comment for you.

1) Has anyone reported 2011 Topps UPD error cards?
I just opened a few packs and received about 10 cards that didn't get foil-stamped (best way I can explain it) ? The name of the player and the circle for the team logo aren't foil hilighted. I can try and scan them if interested. One of them happens to be a Hosmer rookie, which was kinda cool.
not an error card, just a printing flaw. used to be a common thing, especially with the early 90's stadium club sets. but not a recognized error

RE: Member Status
(02-01-2012, 08:53 AM)soxfansteve Wrote: I've been on the board since 2001. Last week i had to have my password re-set and my status changed to "new member." What gives?

Thanks
Send an email to customerservice@beckett.com -- I don't know.

(01-31-2012, 03:21 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hi Chris,
Two questions and a comment for you.

1) Has anyone reported 2011 Topps UPD error cards?
I just opened a few packs and received about 10 cards that didn't get foil-stamped (best way I can explain it) ? The name of the player and the circle for the team logo aren't foil hilighted. I can try and scan them if interested. One of them happens to be a Hosmer rookie, which was kinda cool.

2) 2011 Topps series 2 blaster from Target had a parallel set of throwback, heavy stock cardboard with the old style Topps logo. I see no mention of them anywhere. Are they 'under the radar' for some reason, or just not that interesting?

As per your advice, I picked up 4 Topps value boxes.
From those boxes, my yield wasn't quite as good as yours, but not too bad. 1 Gold and 3 Red Harpers, only 6 diamond giveaway codes, and the above mentioned "error cards"
From the Bowman packs, I received 1 auto (Enny Romero #349/500) and 1 of those die cut cards. (whatever they're called ..... I forget)

Thanks,
Mitch
The no-foil cards happened a lot but are just considered printing errors. Would not be cataloged or priced.

The Target throwbacks are called 2011 Topps Target. Should be listed on site here.

One auto out of three packs is way ahead of what you were supposed to get based on odds. good job.

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Chris, you have a player collector thread; is it possible to have a set collector thread? I pretty much only trade to acquire 57, 58, 67 and 69 Topps baseball.
Thanks!
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

I just cracked opened a jumbo HTA box from 2012. Pulled a Carlton Fisk Retired Ring card, but there is NO qty number in the lower left corner. These are supposed to be #/726... or at least all the ones on ebay are. The card i pulled is completely blank in the lower left corner.

Is this a rare variation, printing defect, rare error, or just the un-numbered parallel?

When / how does the error recognition process work when a new product hits the market?

I am trying to find out how I can determine if a 1951 bowman Mantle card is a reproduction? The one I have seen seems to have a slick film on it but looks good otherwise but I have concerns. Also how do I determine repos of 1953 Topps Mantle? Doesn't have the glossy film on card. Lastly 1962 Tops Mantle seems to have a film on it. Reproduction? Thanks

hey, just picked up 2008 Donruss Threads Diamond Kings Signatures #26 Hank Aaron/100 but card wasn't listed in beckett. link below is front and back of card. can you pm me the person who is in change of adding cards to data base, thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160726149489?ssP...1497.l2649
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Ask The Editor
(02-01-2012, 01:00 PM)chrisolds Wrote: The no-foil cards happened a lot but are just considered printing errors. Would not be cataloged or priced.

The Target throwbacks are called 2011 Topps Target. Should be listed on site here.

One auto out of three packs is way ahead of what you were supposed to get based on odds. good job.
Thanks, I was able to look up the Target cards, no problem.

I bought another couple of Value boxes, and got another Bowman auto card ... perhaps they ARE "loading' them just a bit.

Mitch
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I was just organizing my cards and found 2 2011 Carlos Perez Bowman Platinum X-fractors, one numbered BPP58 and one numbered BPP97. Card 58 shows the Braves pitcher Perez on the front and all his info on the back. Card 97 shows the Jays catcher Perez on the front, but on the back it has, just to the left of the number "catcher-Ht 6'2"-Wt 195. To the right of the number it has "Bats Left Throws Left" On card 58 to the left of the number it shows "Pitcher Ht 6'2" Wt 195". To the left of he number It has"Throws Left Bats Left", the throws and bats are reversed from the other card. And i'm pretty sure the Jays catcher doesn't throw lefty. All the rest of the info on both cards is about the Braves Perez. The only other difference is the team logo on the bottom of card 97 is Jays and on 58 is Braves. Any info on this? I know there are a lot of error cards but the way these are laid out is kinda funky. Thanks