`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

I was wondering if you could find some information on the 1999 Upper Deck Mark McGwire 500 Home Run set. There is a silver and a gold version available for all 30 cards. I was wondering how many of each set were produced and if the gold version could be added to the OPG? Below is an example of the silver and gold card.

Silver
[Image: w_1999--ud--milestones--2.jpg]

Gold
[Image: w_1999--ud--milestones--2--g.jpg]

Chris, I have a set of early 1980's baseball cards that I can not find any info on the web.  On the back of the card it describes them as "Limited Edition Super Star Credit Card Series". There are 32 cards numbered 125-001 thru 125-032.  Other info at bottom back of card includes: Perma-Graphics St. Louis, U.S.A. & TOG, INC.

[Image: BaseballCard.jpg]

They are on hard plastic credit card blanks.  On back it has the typical Topps stats info. Front has color picture, name, position and team.
Any help with these will be much appreciated.
Thanks

My question deals with the lack of scans on the site. I realize it's a ton of cards, but if members could upload their pictures and have them posted asap on all levels it would be so much nicer. I hate looking up cards in and out of my organize and not seeing a picture. I have uploaded a few, but they don't show in the main profile. This just sends members to other outlets like Ebay and Photobucket. I feel like if Beckett could fill these holes there would be no reason to leave this site. Thanks!
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers

Chris,
I've decided to collect all the Topps of the Texas Rangers' top (games won) pitcher, according to the stats on the back of the card, for every year (going back to 1975).

No problem, as I make my list until I hit Kenny Rogers' 2005 (showing his team-leading 18 Wins for the 2004 season on the back).
He doesn't have a regular card in the base set, (just a Gold Glove card).
What's the deal?
How did this happen?  (Did Topps just drop the ball on this one?)

With further research, thanks to the Beckett site (which serves my needs spectacularly), I've learned of the short lived issues of Topps Total, which ran from 2002-05, and it does have the Kenny Rogers card - so I plan to get it as a substitute.

But this leads me to wonder why this 'Topps Total' series ever came to be.
What was the purpose, and why was it so short-lived.

Reminds me of another short-lived series, Topps Debut, 89-91 (I think).

SpitJean Wrote:My question deals with the lack of scans on the site. I realize it's a ton of cards, but if members could upload their pictures and have them posted asap on all levels it would be so much nicer. I hate looking up cards in and out of my organize and not seeing a picture. I have uploaded a few, but they don't show in the main profile. This just sends members to other outlets like Ebay and Photobucket. I feel like if Beckett could fill these holes there would be no reason to leave this site. Thanks!

I believe that feature was turned off -- with the new site coming anyway.

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

docdw1 Wrote:I was wondering if you could find some information on the 1999 Upper Deck Mark McGwire 500 Home Run set. There is a silver and a gold version available for all 30 cards. I was wondering how many of each set were produced and if the gold version could be added to the OPG? Below is an example of the silver and gold card.

Silver
[Image: w_1999--ud--milestones--2.jpg]

Gold
[Image: w_1999--ud--milestones--2--g.jpg]

Send this info and the images in an email to bfleischer@beckett.com
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

How do you research and/or submit potential error/misprint cards. I have a 2010 Rookies & Stars Cross Training Materials Tim Tebow #10 serial numbered to /299, but the foil is gold instead of silver with 'PRIME' stamped above the jersey swatch like the prime version numbered to /50. I have not seen another one like it and I have looked.
I Collect Tim Tebow, Barry Sanders, Peyton Manning, Terrell Davis and stars from
the 70's, 80's and 90's.

I have a 1996 Tombstone Pizza Quarterback Club Caps player board. The set lists the individual players but the player sheet is mentioned and valued in the description only. I would like to add it to my collection but it seems that I can't do that as it's listed. I can see this being an issue for other sets as well.
I Collect Tim Tebow, Barry Sanders, Peyton Manning, Terrell Davis and stars from
the 70's, 80's and 90's.

I pulled a BCCG Graded 10 Ron Guidry 1986 Fleer Sluggers/Pitchers card from Dave and Busters. On the site it doesn't list it and I want to sell it. What do I do?
LOOKING FOR: All Craig Biggio, Collin DeLome, Jeff Bagwell, Tommy Manzella, Bill
y Wagner, Moises Alou, Shane Reynolds, Hunter Pence, Roy Oswalt, Miguel Tejada,
Ivan Rodriguez, Lance Berkman and Carlos Lee cards.

I have been seeing a lot of retail 2008 Upper Deck Timeline at various stores with stickers on the packaging saying "Look for Stephen Strasburg". In the price guide section of your magazine, it clearly states that 2008 UD Timeline USA baseball signatures are inserted 1:41 Hobby only. Is the magazine inaccurate or is it a case of misleading Upper Deck packaging? I cant seem to get to the bottom of this, your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks