Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

schmuffer Wrote:Hey Chris,
I have a 2001 Bowman Autographs Albert Pujols.  My copy is signed in black ink but all the others I've seen were signed in blue.  Is the black more rare than the blue or were equal amounts signed?

Thanks,
George

With a card like that one, there would be an established premium for one that's known to be rarer. However, there's also the possibility (obviously I haven't seen your card) that it's not legit if it's not like others as well. Post an image, please.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

rickpht Wrote:I just opened up a case of 2008 UD Masterpieces and pulled an Ozzie Smith Stroke of Genius Auto. But when I try to add it to my collection for trading, it is not listed. Who would I talk to about adding the card into the system?

Your info was passed along to the person that handles that.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

jdevolve Wrote:Ever seen a Bryce Harper Lithograph card? Its numbered 1/3 and created by Jonathan D. Gordon. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Jon

Sounds like a version of the countless cards of Harper and other players that are made by individuals -- much like custom sketch cards artists make and sell on eBay. Unique and interesting to some people, but of little/no value to others because they are not authorized by a league, union, team or other organized body (USA Baseball for example).
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

jscatman Wrote:
jscatman Wrote:
I have a 2008 Topps Highlights AutographPrince Fielder card (HA-PF) and a 2008 Topps Highlights Autograph Fausto Carmona card (HA-FC). When I looked at Beckett, it said thatthere was PF Prince Fielder B2 & a PF Prince Fielder B and FC Fausto Carmona C and a FC Fausto Carmona E2. It does notstate what the differences are between the two Fielder cards except that one$20 more as for Carmona cards, one is listed at $15 and the other is not listed. Can you let me know what the differences are between the highlight autograph cards? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->_______

Hi Chris:

I think my question was skipped.&nbsp; Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe

I haven't seen the two cards in question, however the price difference is likely tied to scarcity (as would be the one without a price). I'd do a search online and see which one pops up more often, which will likely mean it's the cheaper version. There's also the possibility that the un-priced one may not exist (announced by Topps but never made) or hasn't had a documented sale.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

Thanks Chris, thats what I was worried about.
JD

Hi, I am looking for help with 2 cards that I have from the 2009-10 USA Set. The first card is a Rick Hague USA Triple Jersey Auto (black Auto) #TJANT-RH no serial # and the swatches are red U white S blue A (national team)$0#2- Ladson Montgomery USA Triple Jersey Auto (black auto) #TJA18U-LM no serial # and the swatches are the same red U white S blue A (18U national team)$0$0I have looked online for these and i do not see anything that is matching.$0
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

I was hoping to get some help identifying a card, After buying several boxes of 2004 Fleer Rookies and Greats I ended up with what I thought initally was a double of a double swatch card of Mike Hessman and Chipper Jones. I then discoverd that there were some diffencess between the two cards. Card 1 has 2 white swatches with Joneses swatch id'd as comming from his Jersey, Card 2 has Hessmans swatch being id'd the same as card one as coming from his pants, however the Jones swatch is grey and is id'd as being Game worn patch(no mention of pants)

On the back of the cards both cards state that the Hessman swatch was from game worn pants and that the Jones swatch was from a game worn jersey, the big diff on the back wast that card 1 states it is #025 of 360, card two says it is card #22 of 25 could you help me figure out what is what with these two cards... if it would be helpfull I did Photo copy the cards side by side and could send you a pic of the copy if that might help.

Thank you for your help,

Dodgeras

chrisolds Wrote:&lt;i&gt;Here's another sticky! Just for you guys...&lt;/i&gt;

&lt;b&gt;Have a question about something? Post it here and I'll see if I can answer it. Who knows, it could end up in a future issue...&lt;/b&gt;

I &lt;b&gt;don't handle pricing&lt;/b&gt; ... that would be the "ask the senior price guide analyst" sticky thread to perhaps arrive over in the Beckett Baseball Pricing Forum.

I also &lt;b&gt;don't&lt;/b&gt; handle &lt;b&gt;tech/site issues &lt;/b&gt; or &lt;b&gt; customer service (subscriptions).&lt;/b&gt; Please use customerservice@beckett.com.

Other than that, I'll see what I can do...

This is one of a few new things we're going to try online in terms of reader interaction projects. We're also soon going to try some multimedia projects as well.

[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

i have miss cut cards what do i do with them?
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

bman12 Wrote:i have miss cut cards what do i do with them?

If you got a large quantity of problematic cards (substantial problems) pulled directly from current wax, the card companies typically will replace them. Each company's policy is different.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news