`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Michael Jordan Basketball cards...................

craigconway Wrote:As Snyper5 continues to laugh, the market continues to rule. Anybody can watch it on a daily basis.

The aforementioned 1997 SPX Promotion Auto /100 went for 1225 USD last week, a good deal above its 3-year-average. An 07-08 Exquisite Auto of MJ and Walt Frazier went for 316 USD around that time, marking new lows for Exqusite Autos.

You dont have to mention that you dont care about statistics, Snyper 5, because if you would do, you would have a different opinion. Until then, keep on laughin... at least its healthy. Thats what i like about it.

Is it just by chance that you don't quote my posts, or is it because you don't want the facts reverberated time and again throughout your repetitive, lackluster responses? I'm pretty sure which option I'd bet on...

I would equate you to the media in that you don't necessarily tell lies, but seem to be quite selective of the facts. I LOVE how you compare one of the least admired Jordan's of the Exquisite run to literally the highest sale of his "playing days" cards recently. Why not compare a solo Jordan auto to a solo Jordan auto? Let's start here: the Jordan in my sig? How about you go look that up and scurry on back with the answer. But wait, I'm sure you already saw that along with the other huge MJ Exquisites, but what would that do for your "arguement"?! Exactly.

Like I said, nothing more than a yawn at this point.

RyanBarrie Wrote:I see another SPX Promotion card for auction now. It has all the UD certificates but not numbered? Anyone know why? I see the other $1200 one was sold from Asia, I know they sometimes do strange things with cards. Please let me know I may use the Buy it Now.

Would be skeptical here. No SPX-Promotion /100 sold for less then 1k over the past 3 years on that other site. But one (was it this card ?) unnumbered SPX-Promotion sold 08/30/08 in an auction for 646,00 USD with the 3rd highest bidding 500,00. Not convincing.

RyanBarrie Wrote:I see another SPX Promotion card for auction now. It has all the UD certificates but not numbered? Anyone know why? I see the other $1200 one was sold from Asia, I know they sometimes do strange things with cards. Please let me know I may use the Buy it Now.

Its a 'BAF' auto which means it was signed at his camp and therefore lowers the value of the card significantly...

From what I've seen, 'camp' autos usually go for less than $400

princeoftheforest Wrote:

Its a 'BAF' auto which means it was signed at his camp and therefore lowers the value of the card significantly...

From what I've seen, 'camp' autos usually go for less than $400

You are probably refering to MJ´s 1996 SPX Auto and 1996 SPX Record Breaker Auto and / or to auction 160302380058, do you ? These two were also signed in larger quantities at some of his camps and can be bought for less then 400 USD..

Not aware that same is true for his 1997 SPX Promotion Auto. Card in that particular auction - 230312763652 - also does not carry the BAF-tag. And no need for a tag here, as authentication is directly on the back of each card.

Nevertheless, would stay away from.

Interesting!  Never saw 230312763652 on ebay until now...I don't see too many of them around and like you say, after 96, they stopped with them tags and replaced it with a congratulatory message which is an improvement in my opinion.  I reckon $700 is a fair price but too high for me to bite.

Thanks for all the information. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It looks like it's real because it has the marking but maybe an error. I guess I could buy it, write 23/100 on it and it would be worth $2k (Ha Ha)

My favorite Jersey card is the 2000 Master Collection jersey. Insert SPX Spectrum's and the SPX ProMotion is my favorite auto.

I have a card. Well actually I found a whole box of Michael Jordan cards from when I was a kid but i have one in particular that I can not seem to find anywhere or any information on it. The Front at the top in gold it says michael jordan and at the bottom in gold it says rare air. the back has years listed from 86-93 and it says promo card- rare air 1 of 10,000. Can anyone help me out with this??  dunlapbills@yahoo.com

mandmdsales Wrote:I have a card. Well actually I found a whole box of Michael Jordan cards from when I was a kid but i have one in particular that I can not seem to find anywhere or any information on it. The Front at the top in gold it says michael jordan and at the bottom in gold it says rare air. the back has years listed from 86-93 and it says promo card- rare air 1 of 10,000. Can anyone help me out with this??  dunlapbills@yahoo.com

If its not an upper deck card, then its probably one of those unlicensed cards that seem to float around.  The only Rare Air card that is numbered to 10,000 is the 8x10 Rare Air card if I remember correctly...

double
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/