`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini Really?

Panini Really?
What's up with this company. I bought 3 Contenders boxes and pulled 3 cards with points so i added them to the ones i already had and now i have a total of 900 so i decided to cash in on them. Picked a card that i liked and when i went to my cart to finalize everything, their asking me to pay $28.00 International shipping. I know that its by courier but i dont have the option for Mail. ARE YOU KIDDING ME LOL. Topps, Upper Deck never ask for any money since it was sent by mail when redeeming cards. What a joke. After spending $480.00 on the boxes. Not sure if i want to continue anymore.

RE: Panini Really?
RJ has talked about this in the past. Panini redemption shipping is bad enough in the states, but your cost is crazy! An option is to sell them to somebody in the states if you have not officially redeemed them yet.

(12-21-2021, 02:42 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: RJ  has talked about this in the past.  Panini redemption shipping is bad enough in the states, but your cost is crazy!  An option is to sell them to somebody in the states if you have not officially redeemed them yet.
I still have them in the system. I will probably wait after the Holidays and probably suck it up and order the card but i think i will start giving them away in the future lol. I dont have a problem paying the money but its a joke when you spend so much and have to pay for Redemption. Makes no sense.

(12-21-2021, 02:50 PM)Simpleton Wrote: I still have them in the system. I will probably wait after the Holidays and probably suck it up and order the card but i think i will start giving them away in the future lol. I dont have a problem paying the money but its a joke when you spend so much and have to pay for Redemption. Makes no sense.
Agreed!

Yep, been a lot of ranting on this and deservedly so. Panini doesn't (unless they changed) charge for a redemption, but then they charge for cards bought with the "redeemed points". And the shipping is ridiculous. What is really crappy are the cards available for the rewards. For the most part, a bunch of nobodies. And the inserts and gu'd shouldn't even be there in my opinion. Only autos, that they couldn't bother putting in the boxes. I wish the redemptions would just go away. If the players are too lazy or time constricted to sign the 1000's of labels, then just put them in the boxes as non-auto'ed versions.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(12-21-2021, 02:42 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: RJ  has talked about this in the past.  Panini redemption shipping is bad enough in the states, but your cost is crazy!  An option is to sell them to somebody in the states if you have not officially redeemed them yet.
Yeah, it's a joke - I had 500 points recently, picked 4 cards and the ground shipping was $10.80 for a bubble mailer that should have only cost $4.75 or so.

(Heaven freaking forbid they, you know, just don't charge for shipping.)

(12-21-2021, 08:01 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Yep, been a lot of ranting on this and deservedly so.  Panini doesn't (unless they changed) charge for a redemption, but then they charge for cards bought with the "redeemed points".  And the shipping is ridiculous.  What is really crappy are the cards available for the rewards.  For the most part, a bunch of nobodies.  And the inserts and gu'd shouldn't even be there in my opinion.  Only autos, that they couldn't bother putting in the boxes.  I wish the redemptions would just go away.  If the players are too lazy or time constricted to sign the 1000's of labels, then just put them in the boxes as non-auto'ed versions.
This is what bothers me more than the shipping charge.

The 500 points I am referring to came out of, of all things, 2021 Mosaic baseball.

So it would have been great if I could go on a "rewards" website and order comparable cards to what I was hoping to pull ... say autos of Akil Baddoo, Casey Mize or Tarik Skubal for my Tigers PC, for example ... or maybe Joey Bart for my Giants PC ... etc.

I wouldn't actually mind overpaying for shipping if I could legitimately pick out something good that I actually wanted ... chances are it would be much better than any auto they'd put in the box for me.

Instead, because of lack of choices on the current "rewards" site, I chose a hockey card from 2011-12, a basketball card from 2013-14 and a couple of 50-point PC filler autos of guys who are no longer in the NFL.

Just shows the lack of attractive options, especially when you have to overpay for shipping.

(12-23-2021, 04:55 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, it's a joke - I had 500 points recently, picked 4 cards and the ground shipping was $10.80 for a bubble mailer that should have only cost $4.75 or so.

(Heaven freaking forbid they, you know, just don't charge for shipping.)
In fairness, that actually is a better deal than it could have been - my last Panini points order was for 2 cards and they charged $8.28 for shipping  -when I ordered one card, it was $6.43

But they are still not charging for shipping redemptions -  even for very expensive redemptions that they pay extra to ship with signature confirmation and insurance since I recently got one of those that I had to go to Fed Ex to pick up (if you are wondering it was a Joe Burrow Printing Plate Auto from last year) 

That is why I let an old redemption that I couldn't request a replacement card for (it was expired) just sit hoping that eventually I'd get the card.  It worked - they eventually sent the card