`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I couldn't stay completely away...

I couldn't stay completely away...
Despite deciding to not watch football this year, I couldn't quite stay away. I had to follow up some highlights and breaking news. Rookie RBs are back on the menu! Swift got his first TD, Dobbins got 2, Taylor showed he could catch, and it sounds like CEH went off for the Chiefs. And talk about bandwagon fans, there wasn't a single fan in the stadium in New England now that Brady is gone... :p Excited to see Jonathan Taylor get his chance for the Colts, he was so much fun to watch as a badger!

RE: I couldn't stay completely away...
Swift also dropped the game winning TD pass on an absolute crap day for my Lions.

I'm rapidly losing interest in football and football cards at the moment.

(09-14-2020, 10:38 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Swift also dropped the game winning TD pass on an absolute crap day for my Lions.

I'm hoping Donruss hobby boxes come down in price over the next couple of months as more product comes out. Also curious what Donruss Optic and Prizm (LOL) will be priced at. I'm very likely sitting out the rest of 2020 with how high prices have been. I might be selling more though to build a war chest of funds for 2021.

jplarson Wrote:I'm hoping Donruss hobby boxes come down in price over the next couple of months as more product comes out.  Also curious what Donruss Optic and Prizm (LOL) will be priced at.  I'm very likely sitting out the rest of 2020 with how high prices have been.  I might be selling more though to build a war chest of funds for 2021.
You got a guy you're going after for '21?

rjcj2017 Wrote:Swift also dropped the game winning TD pass on an absolute crap day for my Lions.

Yeah, I heard that was a heart breaker...

(09-15-2020, 10:54 AM)savagenate Wrote: You got a guy you're going after for '21?
No one specific. Just some odds and ends as trade bait for Finest cards, though now that we are going on 6 years since the last release, getting harder to find the right trades. Plus it's always fun combing over previous years to find cards that got hot (2018 Donruss Optic Holo Mahomes, 2013 Prizm Wilson, etc). Score 2020 was the first set I put together that wasn't Finest in some time.

(09-15-2020, 10:55 AM)savagenate Wrote: Yeah, I heard that was a heart breaker...
The Lions had to breakup a perfectly good bad Bears game leaving Foles on the bench. I want to see some Foles to Robinson connections. ARob is basically a less injured version of prime Alshon Jeffery and we all saw the magic Foles and Alshon had in Philly.

jplarson Wrote:No one specific.  Just some odds and ends as trade bait for Finest cards, though now that we are going on 6 years since the last release, getting harder to find the right trades.  Plus it's always fun combing over previous years to find cards that got hot (2018 Donruss Optic Holo Mahomes, 2013 Prizm Wilson, etc).  Score 2020 was the first set I put together that wasn't Finest in some time.

The Lions had to breakup a perfectly good bad Bears game leaving Foles on the bench.  I want to see some Foles to Robinson connections.  ARob is basically a less injured version of prime Alshon Jeffery and we all saw the magic Foles and Alshon had in Philly.
The Lions absolutely kill my soul. Year. After. Year. After. Year.