`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seriously?

Seriously?
In just a bit over an hour, Mosaic Football is going on sale at the Panini Website for $664.95 (would a price of $666 have been too obvious?)

On Panini's blog, they posted a "Teaser Gallery" of two boxes of Mosaic Football - which keep in mind they are charging around $700 a box for - take a look at what you can get for $700!

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog/tease...-football/

Let's see - all four of the autographs are sticker autographs

Two are veteran defensive players 

Only one rookie autograph - I guess it is one that RJ would like since its a Lion

One retired player 

They only show the numbering one one of the cards - and it is of 10.

And at least in my opinion, the Mosaic prizms and autograph cards are tacky looking and just plain ugly (the base cards are slightly better, but I am still not a fan - especially at that price -National Treasures cards at least look nice)

Indeed, these cards look like a tackier version of Prizsm - ugh, who needs this at any price?

Is there anyone who would actually be happy with that break for $664.95 plus tax per box?  

How about if you paid $664.95 for both boxes?

Is there anyone who would actually be happy with that break for $332.95 for both boxes?

Is there anyone who would be happy with that break for $166.95 for both boxes?

I am not even sure I would be happy with that break for $88.95 - and that is for both boxes.  But then I am not a fan of how those cards look.  And maybe the individual cards will sell well (although the two veteran defensive player autos look like future deziens of the $5 box to me)

I don't care about the resell value of individual cards driven artifically by inflated box break prices, those are terrible breaks.

And yet despite the ludicrous price, being essentially an uglier version of Prizsm, and Panini posting two bad breaks the boxes will probably still sell out almost immediately.

RE: Seriously?
Beyond ridiculous. They are directly feeding the idiot machine with this garbage.

Yes, the Swift auto is cool and everything, but $600+ a box?

This is a $100 product at best.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Beyond ridiculous. They are directly feeding the idiot machine with this garbage.

Yes, the Swift auto is cool and everything, but $600+ a box?

This is a $100 product at best.
Apparently people are buying it though - Panini is already showing that they are sold out.

If this product that literally looks like knock off Prizsm goes for so much, I wonder how much they are going to be charging for actual Prizm now

I keep preaching...we are due for a major economic downturn, people gotta stop spending fortunes on boxes lol. I kinda like the designs, I might be tempted at a rainbow or two if I wasn't already so far behind on a gazillion others lol. At $100 a box I think I'd be tempted to try one. No way am I paying that much! Insane

It's neat how Panini takes a concept for an insert set and turns it into it's own product line.  Let's journey back to 1999 and look at the base Topps offering.  They had insert sets called All-Matrix, MVP Promotion, Mystery Chrome, Picture Perfect (lol), Record Numbers, and Season's Best.  Now let's see what Panini would do:

2020 Panini Matrix - a juicy set that offers 200 base cards, 100 veterans and 100 rookies.  50 of those rookies will be 3rd day or UDFA rookies.  There will be 10 parallels with different color matrices.  There will also be unannounced variations.  You'll get 2 sticker autographs and 2 memorabilia cards cut straight from authentic jerseys on clearance from Fanatics.com.  5 cards per pack, 8 packs per box, 2 boxes per mini case, 4 mini cases per master case.  $400 per box.

2020 Panini Promotion - the most eagerly awaited football product of the 2nd week in September.  3 card packs, 4 packs per box, 8 boxes per case.  Every single base, insert, auto, and jersey cards are ALL redemptions.  Even the Panini Reward points cards are redemptions!  That's right, enter a unique code and pay $4.99 to have your points card shipped to you.  It plays into the passion Panini has for promotions where they make money on selling boxes, then make money on shipping missing hits until they expire 2 years down the road.  Really saves mon.... I mean brings value to the collector!  A steal at $279 a box.

2020 Panini Mystery - A mysterious set that features black ink on black cardstock.  Chase 1/1's with special black foil over black holographic technology.  Marvel at variations which feature different card stock thickness, a real innovation!  No set checklist, print odds, or even hits are listed.  Preorders can be made now, shipping dates are unknown.

2020 Panini Picture Perfect - A brand new twist to a recently acquired brand made by another more beloved company.  A hulking checklist of 500 cards which will feature parallels sold exclusively through different retail outlets.  Stalk vendors to find Target red, Walmart blue, Amazon yellow, Menards green, Applebees BBQ brown, San Diego County Zoo zebra stripe, and Apple white.  Each of the 500 cards will also have 3 photoshopped variations which include different color socks, slightly different player photos from the same game or event, and possibly holding a football (or not!).  In your zeal to bust packs, visit your local card shop to find hobby exclusive parallels of dark red, light blue, neon yellow, hunter green, KC Masterpiece brown, zebra stripe with stripes going in the opposite direction, and Android white parallels.  All of which will be unnumbered to enhance collecting fun.  50 card jumbo retail packs with no hope of autos will be $9.99 if you can find them and hobby 8 card packs will be $14.99.  Boxes are simultaneously available for preorder and sold out.

2020 Panini Record Numbers - All base cards are printed with a vinyl record feel that can be played, once, on a real record player!  Inserts include Gold and Platinum parallels with print runs depending on net likes for a player's most popular uploaded video.  If the player's video has been ratio'ed and has a negative number, Panini will come to your house and take cards out of your collection.  Enjoy ripping special Panini webstore exclusive 'Rona parallels that come with pieces of player worn face masks.  Panini is not responsible for any health issues that may arise.

2020 Panini Season's Best - product will be released in May of 2021 and yet somehow everyone will be fine with this being considered a 2020 release.  The top rookies will be cherry picks to be featured in the base set force collector's to consider this the definitive release of 2020.  All autographs will be used from leftover stickers from the previous season.  Enjoy chasing Patrick Mahomes centered Season's Best of the Best insert set, with 5,127 different cards to chronicle each passing yard he threw for.  PMSBOTB will be a case hit with parallels of /100, /50, /25, /20, /15, /10, /5, /3, /1, and printing plates available to ensure no one ever completes a set ever.  Case breakers will snap up all available product and sell the Kansas City Chiefs at 75% cost of the entire case but the buyer will only get 20 Sammy Watkins base cards.  Retail only offerings will not have any of the PMSBOTB inserts despite heavily marketing Mahomes all over the packaging.  However these will be sold directly to ebay resellers to sell at 4x the MSRP.

ZSDOne Wrote:Apparently people are buying it though - Panini is already showing that they are sold out.

If this product that literally looks like knock off Prizsm goes for so much, I wonder how much they are going to be charging for actual Prizm now
Which is funny, because 2019 Prizm football was sitting on the shelves for months at my local Walmart.

Put it this way ... my daughter's dance studio was right next door, and I dropped her off and picked her up twice a week.

I would walk over there and they had the same 8 blasters of Prizm for about three months, LOL

I would buy one a week until they were out.

I stopped buying a lot of Prizm each year (and set building) when they stopped putting a RC in each retail pack. Think they started in 2016. Just made it to hard to build the set. Would still buy some, but not like I used to buy.

Past expenditures:
2013 Prizm: $438 (2 hobby boxes and retail)
2014 Prizm: $788 (9 hobby boxes and retail)
2015 Prizm: $626 (2 hobby boxes and retail)
2016 Prizm: $191 (only retail)
2017 Prizm: $409 (1 hobby box and retail)
2018 Prizm: $83 (only retail)
2019 Prizm: $119 (only retail)
2020 Prizm Draft Picks: $60 (all Ebay PC autos)

Saw plenty of it in 2018/2019. Just didn't want to buy it and get 1 rc/value pack or 2/blaster.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

jplarson Wrote:2020 Panini Record Numbers - All base cards are printed with a vinyl record feel that can be played, once, on a real record player!  Inserts include Gold and Platinum parallels with print runs depending on net likes for a player's most popular uploaded video.  If the player's video has been ratio'ed and has a negative number, Panini will come to your house and take cards out of your collection.  Enjoy ripping special Panini webstore exclusive 'Rona parallels that come with pieces of player worn face masks.  Panini is not responsible for any health issues that may arise.
Those are great -  although I have to admit, if the price was reasonable (HAW! HAW!  yeah right!) I'd actually consider buying a box of this one

rjcj2017 Wrote:Which is funny, because 2019 Prizm football was sitting on the shelves for months at my local Walmart.

Put it this way ... my daughter's dance studio was right next door, and I dropped her off and picked her up twice a week.

I would walk over there and they had the same 8 blasters of Prizm for about three months, LOL

I would buy one a week until they were out.
In fairmess, retail Prizsm isn't generally a good buy.  I did get two light green Josh Allen autographs (Bills QB, not the defensive guy) out of 2018 Wal-Mart jumbo boxes over a year apart which is too hilarious to be annoying 

What really makes me laugh is that up to a bit over a year ago, you could find discounted 2017 Optic blasters inside almost every Wal-Mart - and that was after Mahomes had already won MVP

ZSDOne Wrote:In fairmess, retail Prizsm isn't generally a good buy.  I did get two light green Josh Allen autographs (Bills QB, not the defensive guy) out of 2018 Wal-Mart jumbo boxes over a year apart which is too hilarious to be annoying 

What really makes me laugh is that up to a bit over a year ago, you could find discounted 2017 Optic blasters inside almost every Wal-Mart - and that was after Mahomes had already won MVP
I could find 2018 Donruss blasters as late as the holiday season of 2019 last year, but now that Panini has created a false buzz around 2020 Donruss with the stupid pricing, it is nowhere to be found.