`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graded Card Collectors

Graded Card Collectors
I recently started looking at the forums again as well as buying and selling a few cards from my collection "thank you quarantine", and I notice very little traffic on the Beckett Grading Services boards.

I only collect Beckett graded football cards, right now about half and half BGS vs. BVG but I'm slowly moving to the older cards.

I'm curious as to how many people collect graded cards here. I have my collection up to date in the organize section as well as in the registry just because it's something to do.

I look for graded rookie cards of modern HOFers at skill positions, always looking to upgrade my vintage Jim Brown cards, and I keep a collection of top 30 all time rushing leaders with my favorite of their RCs.

I would love to see more activity here so what do you say

http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

RE: Graded Card Collectors
I've been working on completing a registry set for Topps Finest. Initially I plan on getting all 175 cards, ideally I'd go back and get them all at least 8.5. I'm thinking trying a whole gem mint set would be too expensive..... though having all gold flips would be nice Smile.

I don't necessarily collect only graded cards, but I only buy cards I plan to slab if that makes any sense. I've been clearing out a lot of fluff in my room, a LOT of gifting to friends' kids.

What I hang on to is pretty much all "T.B.G." My main goals are Drew Brees (football), Frank Thomas (White Sox), 1959 The 3 Stooges, and original run Garbage Pail Kids with some attention to the newer run stuff that gets my attention.

I don't specifically rule out buying a card already graded but a lot of the time its cheaper for me to buy an ungraded copy and get it graded myself. With the older cards, it tends to be a judgement call on which way I go on that decision.

It's also hard to get older cards in great shape, much less unaltered so I have sprung recently for some already graded 1959 Stooges cards, just not in my preferred graded holder. So they're in the queue.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Always interesting to see what others collect. Awhile ago I decided I needed to downsize and did by the thousands, like many others I was doing local and some larger card shows in the Houston area. I have given away so many cards over the years and many that were at one time considered must haves.

I've returned to football because that's where I started. I also decided several years ago to get some out of the closet and found some wall mounted displays that I use. One is a small case that holds 10 graded cards, in this I have my Jim Brown cards. The other is larger and holds 30 graded cards, in this I have 30 running backs with the most all time yardage. I try to get their top rookie card which used to be easy but some of the newer players I'm not willing to pay for their most expensive card.

I'll be sending in an order soon that includes mostly old cards of HOFers and one SP Authentic of LeSean McCoy to be graded because he made the top 30.

Have fun and stay safe
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

I too collect only Graded Cards or cards I wish to slab and have graded at a future date; I downsized years ago, I remember as a kid I had thousands of card (sets, books, boxes) that filled up the entire top of my closet. But, over the years I lost interest and ended up selling it all off; when I was about 25 I got back into it and started buying just the Rookie Cards of guys I grew up collecting (mostly 70s, 80s and 90s - Football, Baseball and Basketball). Then I started getting into Graded Cards in about 2012 or so when I found the first Graded Card Price Guide and slowly started purchasing different ones over the years.

I ended up buying a graded card box (has dividers for 3 rows of graded card) that I can fit my entire collection in now - I would guess I have maybe 300 cards total, but I still love it to this day.

OPR12216 Wrote:I too collect only Graded Cards or cards I wish to slab and have graded at a future date; I downsized years ago, I remember as a kid I had thousands of card (sets, books, boxes) that filled up the entire top of my closet. But, over the years I lost interest and ended up selling it all off; when I was about 25 I got back into it and started buying just the Rookie Cards of guys I grew up collecting (mostly 70s, 80s and 90s - Football, Baseball and Basketball). Then I started getting into Graded Cards in about 2012 or so when I found the first Graded Card Price Guide and slowly started purchasing different ones over the years.

I ended up buying a graded card box (has dividers for 3 rows of graded card) that I can fit my entire collection in now - I would guess I have maybe 300 cards total, but I still love it to this day.
I have a similar graded card box made out of wood and sold by someone on ebay....I don't remember who but it holds all of my cards that are not out.