`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Want to Puke

I Want to Puke
So I am trying to organize my collection a little better. I have 5 sets of 6 foot high shelves in my basement full of stuff, so I decided to go through my 80s-90s cards and get rid of the worthless cards. I guess I didn't realize how much I had. Counting the storage boxes and their capacity, I went through about 34,000 cards. I kept who I thought were stars and threw away the rest. I have a 3,200 count monster box plus one more row of a monster box of stars, so about 4,000 stars. Most of the boxes weren't 100% full, so I threw away around 25,000+ cards.

Cards from the 90s were overall terrible. I couldn't believe how many sets only contained a handful of RCs. Some sets only had 8 rookies in the whole set. 1992 Ultra, 1996 Upper Deck, etc.....junk. I can't imagine how much I spent on these cards. So if you are looking for any specific players from the 80s-90s, I probably have several regular issue cards I would be willing to trade. I also have quite a few HOF rookies as well. The best one I found was a 93 UD Jeter. I think I will keep that one.

[Image: 6wiR6Ki.jpg?1]

[Image: HTPZkBD.jpg?1]

[Image: vIeAEAG.jpg?1]
Always trading for Barry Larkin. Also looking for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. 

Will consider trading for other current/past Cincinnati Reds and Bengals.

[Image: Uw7lfAR.jpg]

RE: I Want to Puke
Okay, everybody is thinking it so I will say it...

What part of this wants to make you puke?!

The best thing you can do is throw them in the recycle bin or use them as kindling. If enough collector's do this, someday they might become rare and valuable. Probably not in my lifetime!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Yea, we've all thrown away boxes and boxes of junk wax commons. Yet, we continue to bust the junk wax. Not sure what gives there. But any way.

Throwing away those junk cards is just a way of life. Imagine having spent $175 at a garage sale on what was supposed to be about 100 complete sets and probably 20 other boxes from the late 1980s and early 1990s only to go through them and realize every Jordan (from basketball) and Ryan and Griffey (from baseball) was missing.

I had to throw away about 50k cards that day. I was so pissed. I wanted to go back to the house that had the sale and punch the guy in the face.

I want to puke because of all the money I spent, just to throw it away.

(05-16-2020, 10:51 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Okay, everybody is thinking it so I will say it...

What part of this wants to make you puke?!
Always trading for Barry Larkin. Also looking for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. 

Will consider trading for other current/past Cincinnati Reds and Bengals.

[Image: Uw7lfAR.jpg]