`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few boxes/packs and lots of new pickups

Few boxes/packs and lots of new pickups
I had to make a trip to a neighboring town a couple of days ago for work, and I decided to call up a guy that used to help with the card shop there. He's now a card shop per se, although he doesn't have a brick and mortar store. He does a lot of out his house and has a couple of cases of boxes, supplies and singles at his work.

So while in that town, I decided to call him up and pay him a visit to get my fix. No not a drug fix, a card fix (it's a real thing if anyone's wondering). Anyway, he had cases and cases of sets and boxes from the mid 1980s-early 1990s as well as probably 400k cards. All of his stars and RCs are broken into players, and he's got upwards of 200 of some RCs. Anyway...

I decided to purchase a little bit of stuff. I wanted to get a couple of junk wax era boxes to break since my actual LCS is closed (and I don't go to Walmart but once every couple of weeks). I also needed a few supplies and decided to get a few singles that I didn't have. Got everything pictured here for $40, or cheaper than 2 blasters.

I haven't busted the boxes yet, but I plan on doing it. Maybe do it a few packs at a time, maybe a full box every couple of weeks. Who knows? Anyway, thanks for the look, and all the singles are/will be available.

[Image: Fc7angs.jpg?1]

Biggio is the Glossy version
[Image: RnXA3vY.jpg?1]

Here's a closer look at the '58 Musial AS.
[Image: z0I2DXN.jpg?1]

RE: Not a box break ... yet ... but here's my $40 pickup
Have fun, Just dont eat the gum!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I would say you did really well. Congrats.

That should be fun.......

I spent 100.00 for 3-91 Bowman and 3-91 topps wax boxes........chipper and thome........fun breaks.....
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

So wait. Where did the Rendon and 58 Musial come from? On a side note nice Musial and that looks good enough to grade Rendon. Back to the thread nice pickups for 40!

They all came from the same place. I got everything pictured for $40. Bought the 3 boxes, couple of them long packs, some supplies (400 and 800 count boxes) and the 4 singles.

(04-27-2020, 06:41 PM)magneto2 Wrote: So wait. Where did the Rendon and 58 Musial come from? On a side note nice Musial and that looks good enough to grade Rendon. Back to the thread nice pickups for 40!

RE: Few boxes/packs and lots of new pickups
Pics for you.

Always trading for Barry Larkin. Also looking for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. 

Will consider trading for other current/past Cincinnati Reds and Bengals.

[Image: Uw7lfAR.jpg]