IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anybody See Leaf Draft Retail Yet?

Anybody See Leaf Draft Retail Yet?
Friends,

I hope you are all safe and well.

I have cut way back on my trips to the retail outlets but have not seen any Leaf Draft retail stuff yet ... I thought it was supposed to be out a couple of weeks ago?

I haven't seen SAGE either.

I have a feeling the contractors are not stocking stuff right now, because both Targets in my area haven't had any new product in about three weeks.

Bigger problems going on in the world, obviously, but wanted to see if anyone else saw any new football stuff.

Stay safe and be well!

RE: Anybody See Leaf Draft Retail Yet?
The last time i went to Target (which was almost three weeks ago by now), they had three Leaf Draft blasters on the shelf -no SAGE Hit

They also for some reason had several 2016 Playoff Football blasters that had just arrived

(04-09-2020, 12:28 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: The last time i went to Target (which was almost three weeks ago by now), they had three Leaf Draft blasters on the shelf -no SAGE Hit

They also for some reason had several 2016 Playoff Football blasters that had just arrived
Huh. Maybe the sharks got them when they first rolled out and they haven't been re-stocked.

(04-09-2020, 01:27 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Huh. Maybe the sharks got them when they first rolled out and they haven't been re-stocked.
Beckett News has a story that SAGE is being released on the 15th of this month.

Who knows? I can't imagine that people would buy up all of the Leaf Draft retail - I don't think I've ever paid more than $3 for an autograph from that product.

Sage retail usually shows up later than Sage Hobby - but I'm not going to a Target or Wal-Mart looking for cards.

I'm more intrigued by the bizarre appearance of blasters from 2016 than anything else.

(04-09-2020, 02:17 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Who knows? I can't imagine that people would buy up all of the Leaf Draft retail - I don't think I've ever paid more than $3 for an autograph from that product.

Sage retail usually shows up later than Sage Hobby - but I'm not going to a Target or Wal-Mart looking for cards.

I'm more intrigued by the bizarre appearance of blasters from 2016 than anything else.
Yeah, weird. The one WalMart where I found the lone Optic basketball blaster I've seen this year carries a fair amount of stuff going back a couple of years.

I'm sure they're fine but I'm a little leery of re-packers so in general I stay away.

That's a good year for football, though ... Elliott, Prescott, Wentz, Goff, etc.

(04-09-2020, 02:05 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Beckett News has a story that SAGE is being released on the 15th of this month.
Sweet, thanks for the tip.

It's getting harder (understandably) to just dash in and out of these places the last few days.

I don't want to stand in line for 10 minutes to get into the store just to find out they don't have it (again).

This is the first year I can remember where I haven't picked up any draft stuff this close to the draft.

Oh well, like I said, much bigger problems in the world.

I'm not sure that older products out of retail is a bigger risk than newer products out of retail - with the pack searchers and outright thieves, literally the only way to be sure you aren't getting a resealed box with retail is to get the product as soon as it hits the shelf. I've been burned with both new and discount restock products having been opened, resealed and put back on the shelves.

Leaf and Sage due to packing the autos separately are especially prone to resealing.

Before the sharks gobbled them all up this morning, I was able to grab three blasters and a jumbo 3-pack of Prizm Draft from Walmart.

I did pretty well ... an auto in each blaster, plus Prizms of Tua, Jeudy, Okudah and Simmons.

I also pulled a Burrow base, which I was happy with, because you only get about 6-8 "rookie cards" per box and there are 70 listed in the set.

The one player I didn't pull that I wanted was Chase Young, so if anyone else has busted this stuff and can part with one, PM me.

Thanks!

RJ