`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
needing some card help

needing some card help
i'm new to the site and need some help. this virus lockdown had me looking through my very limited baseball card collection and i feel like a kid again. i just bought a beckett and started looking through it. 1980-1983 are listed on a half a page. the 2019s topps are 14.5 pages long. i am way way far behind. i am a cubs fan and started collecting ryne sandberg cards over the years. back when we had multiple baseball card shops i would raid them of their sandbergs. then i hit ebay and now hopefully this site. anywho, i have some rare(imo) sandberg cards that i have no idea how to look up. used to you have a topps card you would look up topps and be done. now i don't have a clue how to find these rare ones. the ones i'm looking to find the price on are: 96 topps laser, 97 hall or nothing ex2000(i think fleer), 96 upperdeck sp reflector and 96 pinnacle afficinado. i know sandbergs aren't as popular now-a-days as others but i'd like to know how to look them up. thank you for your help. i hope to get back to collecting again but it has really gotten expensive

RE: needing some card help
Your best bet is to probably buy a 1 month subscription to Beckett online with baseball only. For those kinds of cards, the print version will provide no help at all.

I am sure I will get in trouble in here, but just do a search of your cards on eBay. See what they are going for and that tells you the true value. Beckett usually has their prices 2 or 3x what the card actually sells for. So unless you trade, the price guide is completely arbitrary.

(04-06-2020, 09:39 AM)jbissell Wrote: Your best bet is to probably buy a 1 month subscription to Beckett online with baseball only. For those kinds of cards, the print version will provide no help at all.
This is your best bet. All of those cards are listed with values in the OPG (Online Price Guide) here. I'm not sure why anyone buys the magazine for pricing anymore.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Beckett is a guide..only..will give a range..
Ebay will sell for whatever it sells for.
All cards are worth whatever anyone will pay..they have no value otherwise.

Look over the range and take whatever you think is fair and what you can live with

The end game... it is a hobby ..no one "makes $$" on this stuff (rare cases not withstanding)

Good luck..stay safe..

i've always only known of the magazine until i found this site. if the online version provides more detail i'll go that route. thank you everyone

Is the almanac still being printed? I never used it but always heard every single card would be priced in it. eBay is way easier though.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I love to see fellow Cubs fans! I got back into collecting about a year ago. I only collect Cubs cards, which helps limit the expense and allows me to focus my collection. I do not buy any boxes, etc....only single cards. Happy to talk anytime.
Collecting Chicago Cubs Topps 2016-present - Series 1, 2, Update, Chrome, Stadium Club and Allen & Ginter.