Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Astros Debacle

RE: Astros Debacle
^^^ABSOLUTELY!^^^

I know several Astros collectors here and I'm sure they aren't happy with it either just being baseball fans alone. But I highly respect them if they stick to their guns collecting Astros through the mess. I am still after 2017 Bregman, 2015 Correa, 2011 Altuve and 2020 Yordan stuff but obviously I don't condone what's going on at all.

I have a Correa PC that I will keep.

Keeps getting worse.

This is unlike anything I've ever seen.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Ponder on this...

A driver is speeding his way on a secluded road through a forest. Suddenly, a tree starts to fall and he is able to get by it just before it crashes on the road.

So, was his life spared because he was speeding, or did the speeding get him a close call to getting crushed by a fallen tree. We will never know. Why? Because cause and effect are subjective.

In the same light, we will never know whether the Astros won the World Series because of this scandal or in spite of the scandal. So, I am not very upset about this. You decide on your own and try to avoid the mob syndrome. I mean, can you imagine the stress the players were under while worrying about getting caught? Just like a fugitive from the law, always looking around, worried about being followed, never able to relax. It seems like the stress would affect a player's at bat even more than just being in playoffs and World Series.

Stress that they wouldn't have had if they didn't cheat...?

I'm sorry, are you saying that I should feel bad for cheaters because their cheating might have caused them some discomfort in their lives?

What kind of warped logic is that?

They cheated. They were wrong. They deserve to be punished and humiliated. End of story.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Nobody said anything about feeling bad for them. I just don't like the lynch mob mentality I am seeing everywhere.

There is soooooooo much worse evil in this world encountered all the time, and this situation is such a small speck in the big picture called life.

Tough to say if I'm more irritated about the Astros cheating scandal, where Tom Brady will play, or Michael Bloomberg ads.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(02-19-2020, 08:41 PM)jack pfiester Wrote: Tough to say if I'm more irritated about the Astros cheating scandal, where Tom Brady will play, or Michael Bloomberg ads.
Hahahaha

(02-19-2020, 08:41 PM)jack pfiester Wrote: Tough to say if I'm more irritated about the Astros cheating scandal, where Tom Brady will play, or Michael Bloomberg ads.
LOL ...Totally agree Smile
I pretty much stated my case early on. I think the Asstros should not be individually punished, but there should be some serious repercussions. The team should be dismantled and any awards stripped.
That being said, I want to play devil's advocate.
Mariano Rivera had a VERY successful career throwing one pitch. Nearly every batter he faced knew that he was throwing a cutter and it was going to be inside on your hands. Even when they knew what pitch was coming, hitting it successfully was a different story.
Even when knowing what was coming, you still have to hit the ball! The other half of the game is fielding and defense. They still have a talented crew defensively speaking ... and sign-stealing doesn't do much for fielding.
So, are they a good team or a great one? We will find out when spring training games start up!

I don't know what made them think they wouldn't get caught. Players are always changing teams. I'm not surprised that Fiers brought it up. You want to beat that other team. If you know they're cheating and you're not on that team anymore, how could you keep your mouth shut? It was stupid of the Astros to think that no one was ever going to say anything. It was also stupid of them if they thought there wouldn't be repercussions.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html