`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Hobby Goals

2020 Hobby Goals
Sorry if I am stepping on somebody's annual thread (I cannot remember who usually asks the question), but I like reading the posts about hobby goals and wanted to start seeing them with only a month remaining in 2019.

Anyway, my 2020 hobby goals:

1. Pick up a Kirby Puckett 1990's certified auto card
2. Reduce my current collection by at least 2,500 cards
3. Concentrate on PC players rather than the entire Twins team or base sets

Not a hobby goal, but I also would like to see more people willing to stick to trading low-end singles for low-end singles and trading autos for autos. I am okay with any trade, but I see so many get upset about this subject that maybe it is best to do 'apples for apples' trades.

RE: 2020 Hobby Goals
My goal to have enough money to buy something other than the occasional blaster so I can have more to trade with all of you guys.

My goals are to obtain:

1. 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout
2. 1984 Fleer Update Kirby Puckett
3. 2008 Topps Update Kershaw
4. Acquire any pre war tobacco card in any condition just so I can say I have one.

To get many of my Minis list done.
Finish some of my past sets.
Add to both Baseball and Hockey PC
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I will have to review my 2019 hobby goals to see how I did on them before setting new goals for 2020. One will be to obtain the 2020 Topps Factory set (easy) and another will be to try and complete the Update set (less easy).
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Think of stepping away..getting the inventory to where I have to a reasonable level and selling off everything else.

Have 100,000s of cards to remove before I leave this Earth and do not want to burden my kids etc with the massive amount of collection.

As I am retired Navy, have a private practice to control with 4 partners and associates (senior guy), it is a tough road ahead. Will be selling my practice shortly.

Getting old is no fun.

(12-02-2019, 05:39 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Think of stepping away..getting the inventory to where I have to a reasonable level and selling off everything else.

Have 100,000s of cards to remove before I leave this Earth and do not want to burden my kids etc with the massive amount of collection.

As I am retired Navy, have a private practice to control with 4 partners and associates (senior guy), it is a tough road ahead. Will be selling my practice shortly.

Getting old is no fun.
Sorry to hear all this! You have been a rock among pebbles on this site...

2020.......Goals

More HOF autos please......

More vintage......Start on the 1973 and 1977 topps sets and maybe finish my (1967 topps set) ??????

do some card room organizing too!!!

Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

My goals are to finish my 2019 Bowman Chrome Alex Kirilloff rainbow. Actually I will NEVER finish it as I will never get the 1/1 cards but all others are obtainable. I do have the hardest non 1/1 in a red 2/5 Shimmer, so everything else is coming along.

My other goal would be to grade some of my cards. Not to sell but just because I love the look of a nice slabbed card. I would love to get my '84 Fleer Update Puckett graded, but Im afraid of its validity as its already graded by a "suspect" company. As of right now though, the "k" in "Did you know" is correct and Im not finding any red flags other than the grading company.

Kerryandbeth I hope you find a Puckett 90s certified auto. If you do please post a pic of it. I love his signature. Also if your looking to sell anything, Im a huge Puckett and Twins collector, I'd be willing to take any duplicate Pucketts off your hands if needed Smile

2020 GOALS:

Looking to add these 2018 Five Star Autos:

Kyle Schwarber - Blue, Gold, Red
Ian Happ - Orange, Red
Victor Caratini - Green, Orange, Red

Probably try to add a Five Star Auto Hank Aaron

Continue to add to Cubs PC

Continue to add to Gleyber Torres and Juan Soto

I agree with you Kerry - Any trade I make will be "Apples for Apples" from now on.