Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pat Tillman Cards?

New Pat Tillman Cards?
Friends,

I know this is the basketball forum, but I thought this was a pretty interesting philosophical question.

So I noticed that for the first time since his 2001 RCs were released, there are new Pat Tillman cards in 2019 Panini Certified and Donruss football.

I bring this up because I don't know how to feel about this.

Full disclosure ... I was a student at USC when Tillman was at Arizona State. He and Jake Plummer kicked our a--es a couple of times, so I was a fan of his as a football player long before his Army enlistment and what not.

Despite purging about 98 percent of my collection last summer, I kept his 2001 Upper Deck MVP RC.

So I don't know how to feel about the fact that he has new cards.

Originally, because of my new reality of my almost non-existent card budget, I was going to stay away from 2019 Donruss, but now that he's in that product I am tempted to try to pick up a blaster or two to try to pull one.

But then I circle back to this - is it appropriate for Panini to include new cards of him, i.e. in some way profiting off of his notoriety and extremely unique story and untimely death?

After all, I would be feeding right into what they're trying to do ... selling more football cards ... seeing as how he would be the only player I would be buying the product for.

I'm throwing this out there because I really don't know how to feel - obviously it's just football cards and there are much larger problems in the world.

I guess I would feel better if Panini was donating 1/250th of the profits (Tillman's portion of the base set) to Wounded Warriors or something like that.

Maybe I'll just try to trade for one and then I don't have to feel guilty, LOL

RE: New Pat Tillman Cards?
I'd look for the cards on the secondary market (card stores, e-bay, etc).

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

RE: New Pat Tillman Cards?
(07-25-2019, 06:26 PM)taffster74 Wrote: I'd look for the cards on the secondary market (card stores, e-bay, etc).
That's what I'm leaning toward ... I usually get a gift card for Christmas from my dad and stepmom, maybe I'll wait to see the totality of products he's in by then.

I would love to have a GU card of him for sure.