`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little help with some cards

A little help with some cards
I just ripped a box of Bowman's Best and pulled a Deans List Eloy Jimenez #22/75 Auto, a Ronald Acuna Base auto, Amed Rosario Base Auto and a redemption for a Monochrome Cody Bellinger. I am not very familiar with a lot of prospects and was hoping for some guidance on if I should hold onto any of these or just try to sell them now. I know who Bellinger is and once I get the card I will decide what to do. I need help with the other 3.

[Image: 155i89u.jpg]
[Image: 732ukl.jpg]
[Image: dq58io.jpg]

RE: A little help with some cards
When it comes to prospects it can be like day trading. Of course there are always the few names that are skyrocketed from the get go but it is always a gamble. If not part of a PC then I move them. More often than not you make out better when you get them moved sooner rather than later.

You hit the jackpot on the ones you got. Jimenez was traded earlier this year but is highly collected. Acuna is one of the top (if not the top) prospect that you could hit.
As for deciding whether to hold or sell, that's up to you. I will say that you should be able to get really good money for the cards now. What you will get in the future is unclear, as it will depend on how the players end up playing and whether a newer hotter prospect comes along that takes the money away from Acuna. Personally if it was me, I would sell the Acuna while he is super hot, and hold the rest until Spring Training at the earliest.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Agree with Djohn.....however I don't particularly like selling in the off season months as prices come down once the product has been out a while during the winter.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Very nice...sell, sell, sell!
It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

I am nowhere near expert, but I would consider myself very invested in the prospect auto arena. I would at this for each guy:

Bellinger - sell either now or when Spring Training starts (card prices tend to start getting pretty high then, I know the Trout card did).

Acuna - since it's only base and as the product just came out, I would sell now. He's got a ton of talent but is still young so I wouldn't count on a hot start (which is the best time to sell these types of cards).

Jimenez - I say either way is the best, because according to previous years and talent wise he should be setting up for a huge year. But with him it's risky because he's only played 18 games above High Single-A ball. So whichever route you take is the best from what you can see right now.

Rosario - I would hold, and three reasons why: 1. He plays for a New York team, so if he has a hot start or GREAT season watch his cards skyrocket. 2. He didn't have a great showing last year when he came up and hopefully learned from it as many top prospects with his pedigree do, which leads to a good following season. 3. He's a SS, which is one of the most valuable positions to sell in baseball cards for prospects and rookies (I would say OF is 1st, SS is 2nd, and pitcher 3rd). Wait for him to get hot and then sell fast, He is more Jeterish than Judgish (more smarts than actual potential).
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

That's an absolutely incredible box! Congrats.

NL ROY, 2 current Top-10 prospects, and a guy that just graduated from last year's Top-10 lists.

If you're looking to sell, I'd probably wait until the season starts. If you can't hold that long, I'd at least try to make it to prospect list release time - Acuna and Eloy should remain high this year and that will really help the values.
Kepler