`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BLOWOUT Cards? No longer legit?

BLOWOUT Cards? No longer legit?
I'm looking to order some boxes and have ordered plenty of times from Blowout, as well as the other top sites. But I have been hearing rumors that Blowout may be searching their cases and selling off boxes after pulling the case hits. My question to the community is do you think there is any truth to this? I certainly don't want to be spending hundreds of dollars on boxes that I have no chance of getting a case hit! Your thoughts and input is appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

RE: BLOWOUT Cards? No longer legit?
Where did you hear that? I pulled two case hits from Blowwout last year
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(08-10-2015, 07:06 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Where did you hear that? I pulled two case hits from Blowwout last year
It has been mentioned on more than one occasion from other members on this site.

I am near the Fantastic store..the outlet for Blowout..if I thought that was the case..I would stop buying tons of stuff from there..I truly do not think that is the case...in fact..I am going to investigate this...every once in a while..the site has D&A or Blowout doing this..they would not stay in business long if that were what they were doing...but $$$ corrupts for sure...

(08-10-2015, 07:16 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I am near the Fantastic store..the outlet for Blowout..if I thought that was the case..I would stop buying tons of stuff from there..I truly do not think that is the case...in fact..I am going to investigate this...every once in a while..the site has D&A or Blowout doing this..they would not stay in business long if that were what they were doing...but $$$ corrupts for sure...
Yeah I find it hard to believe myself. They are both very successful companies from what I can tell and I have a hard time believing they would risk their reputation and business by doing something as stupid as searching their cases. However, when you start hearing these things from more than one source it causes doubt to creep in. I hope it isn't true. I'd be curious to see what you are able to find out.

I am pretty close with the owner of my LCS and he tells me a lot of inside stuff. He has told me on a few occasions that Blowout actually buys boxes back from other LCS on dealernet that are sold back to them not as complete cases.

For example a LCS may buy a case of Tribute and offer it to their best customers. If the owner hears that his best customer "Jim" pulled the case hit in one of the first 4 boxes he sold, the owner may go back on dealernet and sell the remaining boxes to another dealer, like Blowout. For "customer service" that LCS will order a full new case of Tribute so his best customer "Jim" has a chance at another case hit

So I guess the luck of the draw is when you make your purchase from a site like Blowout is if you are getting a box that is out of a fresh case or if it is a busted case purchase on their end. I have gotten to the point that I will only order from Blowout or D&A if I am buying a case. I have been dealing with my LCS for years and he has ran his place for 30+ years and knows most of these guys from the shows before the internet days. There are a lot of dealers out there, and unfortunately some don't always look out for the customer, even the big sites. I would only deal with a LCS that orders boxes by the case, otherwise they are probably buying boxes that are loose and who knows at that point.

I buy most of my stuff from the Fantastic Store in Chantilly..they get cases and break them to place on shelf. Many times I get the pick of the case..2-3 boxes out of the case and then they set them out on the shelf...Other times..I come in and pick out boxes off the shelf...I am sure they do not search the cases..BUT..say I buy 2 boxes of Allen and Ginter from a fresh case and get "the case hit"..I tell them and they continue to sell the boxes..not telling the next customer that the "case hit" is gone..are they at fault?? Are they required to tell the customer..legally or morally??

Some products have "case hits" that are significant..especially with 1-2 cards / pack type products, but others like Allen and Ginter, Stadium club etc...have lots of other "hits" like press plates etc...so I am torn if I think the "case hit" is gone..if I buy the boxes..

However..Pete369...the owner is upfront about reselling boxes to get fresh cases...so..maybe the high $$$ items with 1-2 cards/pack should only be bought by the case..but at $1000+ it is hard to convince me to buy a case..

This is a great topic..I hope to hear from others about experiences and thoughts...

(08-10-2015, 10:47 PM)rpeterson369 Wrote: I am pretty close with the owner of my LCS and he tells me a lot of inside stuff. He has told me on a few occasions that Blowout actually buys boxes back from other LCS on dealernet that are sold back to them not as complete cases.

For example a LCS may buy a case of Tribute and offer it to their best customers. If the owner hears that his best customer "Jim" pulled the case hit in one of the first 4 boxes he sold, the owner may go back on dealernet and sell the remaining boxes to another dealer, like Blowout. For "customer service" that LCS will order a full new case of Tribute so his best customer "Jim" has a chance at another case hit

So I guess the luck of the draw is when you make your purchase from a site like Blowout is if you are getting a box that is out of a fresh case or if it is a busted case purchase on their end. I have gotten to the point that I will only order from Blowout or D&A if I am buying a case. I have been dealing with my LCS for years and he has ran his place for 30+ years and knows most of these guys from the shows before the internet days. There are a lot of dealers out there, and unfortunately some don't always look out for the customer, even the big sites. I would only deal with a LCS that orders boxes by the case, otherwise they are probably buying boxes that are loose and who knows at that point.
This is good info, I appreciate this as I was buying boxes on those sights. Not a lot of boxes but some and I always wondered about how they sell single boxes instead of how cases get sold. Just another reason for me to stop buying boxes and stick to singles and get back to the actual hobby of trading. Only buy cases of what I REALLY want. heh
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

I buy from Atlanta Sportscards, better prices and great customer service.

But I have bought from Blowout and they have been good, I would trust them if Atlanta stopped selling.
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

Yeah I had used Blowout and D&A for years, was a premier member with D&A, but lately have just switched to the LCS near my house. I think it's all bout trust and I truly believe that most of the LCS we use probably have our best interests in mind as customers. They want us to come back to them for obvious reasons.

In no way do I think Blowout or D&A search their cases or boxes or do anything truly unethical. Like you guys said, they have a reputation they want to uphold for the success of their business as well. However the buying back from dealers the single or loose boxes is definitely what got my attention. You know that someone will be getting those boxes at some point. In a perfect world if a case has a case hit you would hope that it would get distributed that way and the whole case sold to people from the same place so it were to balance out.

The site they all use allows them to connect with each other directly and replenish their LCS or online sites, and they can list and sell single boxes all the way to cases. I would be concerned using any site or LCS that buys anything less than cases on there. When I was not collecting on a big level and just buying a box or two every once in awhile I didn't really care. But when we find ourselves dropping big $$$ consistently, I'll pay a extra $3 a box to know that I am buying from someone I trust and truly wants and needs my business, as opposed to being a email address in someones online database.