Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restructuring my collection, trading this weekend

Restructuring my collection, trading this weekend
Well, last week I was a seller.
Now I am a trader again, looking to make deals and better organize my collection.
As you may have seen, I opened up my catalog for sale this last week.
While I had one serious offer from a user on here for my Jeter auto which came too late, I sold about 35 of my cards off line.
A lot of nice cards could have been had by the Beckett community including a Jeter auto, Manziel auto, Cueto autos, Rose autos and more.
For some reason people on the site didn't want to make buy offers.
I guess that's why some of us are on here rather than buying cards on ebay.
The good news is I still have more than 5,000 cards for trade so check out my org. I will be trying to get around to as many orgs as I can as I look to get deals done again.
Thanks.

RE: Restructuring my collection, trading this weekend
Not to beat a dead horse or nothing, but this site is about dead as dead.
I should not be getting this few offers on a weekend in the middle of the baseball season in the middle of the summer.
I am sticking with this site because I have few other options but Beckett needs to do more to get back those old traders that had thousands of cards on here.
There needs to be discounts and other promotions because it's starting to get a little scary.

I just made four trades yesterday and have about five more in the works that I expect to have done by this Tuesday. Far from dead, you just have to have the stuff people are looking for and keep an open mind.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

According to your feedback, you have only been trading for the last five months so unless you used to have a different profile and got banned and switched to your other profile you wouldn't know what it was like last year or the year before when I would get 10-20 trade offers from just posting once when I didn't even have as many good cards as I do now.
Therefore, you don't have the historical recollection to compare what things were like now and what they were like before to say whether things are dead or not compared to what they used to be.
I still make trades but I am not dealing with as many people as I used to.
I used to get offers from a larger range of people and now I get responses from many of the same people over again which is good but not anything like they used to be.
I am glad things are working out for you but keep the snarky comments to yourself.

(06-28-2015, 01:34 PM)natejeffries Wrote: According to your feedback, you have only been trading for the last five months so unless you used to have a different profile and got banned and switched to your other profile you wouldn't know what it was like last year or the year before when I would get 10-20 trade offers from just posting once when I didn't even have as many good cards as I do now.
Therefore, you don't have the historical recollection to compare what things were like now and what they were like before to say whether things are dead or not compared to what they used to be.
I used to get offers from a larger range of people and now I get responses from many of the same people over again which is good but not anything like they used to be.
I am glad things are working out for you but keep the snarky comments to yourself.
I don't think he was being rude at all, sounds like your just being a little too sensitive. I've completed 20 trades this month and have over 600 total since I've been here and I haven't had any problems making trades here whatsoever. Granted when I ask for trades in the open forum the responses I get are considerably less than before but then again my trade bait is less than stellar. I find that I have to actively seek out trades much more these days, but honestly that works out better for me. I don't have to sift through offers I'm not really interested in i can just go after what I really wanna trade for. Your right about beckett for sure though the site has lost a ton of people with having to pay for the org. I'm not sure if there's anything they can do at this point, they chased away so many regulars! I do think however that the constant complaints in the open forum are a big negative as well, people tend to shy away from negativity.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

ryanmo, I have received a bunch of trolling comments from redsoxfan before this post and this is a pattern.

(06-28-2015, 11:18 AM)natejeffries Wrote: Not to beat a dead horse or nothing, but this site is about dead as dead.
I should not be getting this few offers on a weekend in the middle of the baseball season in the middle of the summer.
I am sticking with this site because I have few other options but Beckett needs to do more to get back those old traders that had thousands of cards on here.
There needs to be discounts and other promotions because it's starting to get a little scary.
youre right on this subject....I lost so much confidence on trading purpose and that's why don't renew my subscriptions. Its better if I do the buying here

(06-28-2015, 01:34 PM)natejeffries Wrote: According to your feedback, you have only been trading for the last five months so unless you used to have a different profile and got banned and switched to your other profile you wouldn't know what it was like last year or the year before when I would get 10-20 trade offers from just posting once when I didn't even have as many good cards as I do now.
No, I have never been banned before. Why would you even insinuate that? No, I have no idea what trading used to be like. I'm just saying the negativity is bad for the forum and maybe you should try to start up more trades or change up your trade bait to entice more offers.
(06-28-2015, 02:01 PM)natejeffries Wrote: ryanmo, I have received a bunch of trolling comments from redsoxfan before this post and this is a pattern.
What are my trolling comments? The only one that I remember that comes even close was the time I said "Come on man" whenever you asked for a 2nd place prize in a free contest. Also, I like how you edited out the part where you again accused me of being a PBM. Why would you even say that?
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(06-28-2015, 01:57 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: I don't think he was being rude at all, sounds like your just being a little too sensitive. I've completed 20 trades this month and have over 600 total since I've been here and I haven't had any problems making trades here whatsoever. Granted when I ask for trades in the open forum the responses I get are considerably less than before but then again my trade bait is less than stellar. I find that I have to actively seek out trades much more these days, but honestly that works out better for me. I don't have to sift through offers I'm not really interested in i can just go after what I really wanna trade for. Your right about beckett for sure though the site has lost a ton of people with having to pay for the org. I'm not sure if there's anything they can do at this point, they chased away so many regulars! I do think however that the constant complaints in the open forum are a big negative as well, people tend to shy away from negativity.
A LOT of good points here. The trades are there if you seek them out. There are a lot of people that are passively active on the site now. They might not be actively seeking deals or posting on the boards, but if you send them offers, they will respond and are willing to make deals.

Is it the same as it was? No, obviously it's not. But if you're willing to put in the "work" they're there. Like with anything, you get out of it what you put into it.

I feel that a lot of the guys on this site that have been around for more than 5 years could be great ambassadors of the hobby and excellent resources for new/returning collectors that stumble in.

But instead they focus on what's wrong with the website, what's wrong with the hobby, how bad Topps is, etc., etc., etc.

It's not going to go back to how it was - it's not going to be free again, it's likely not going to be sifting through page after page of trade offers and the boards aren't going to be overflowing all the time. The sooner everyone accepts that, the better.

Having said all of that, I do think it can shift back that way by doing some small things:

- Post some positive things from time to time. Not every negative thought that crosses your mind has to be shared. Why would anyone want to join or rejoin such a negative place?

- Be helpful to new members. Welcome them, answer or offer to answer any questions for them, offer suggestions for products without adding a negative statement to it (i.e. Topps sucks, but this is the least sucky of the bunch).

- Keep the drama off the boards ... if possible. If someone screws you over on a trade, by all means put it up for public consumption. If someone annoys you, send them a PM. (I'm guilty of this and also need to work on it.)

Sorry for the tangent, but these are all small things that are within our control to improve the boards and trading.

Fin.
Kepler

(06-28-2015, 03:55 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: A LOT of good points here. The trades are there if you seek them out. There are a lot of people that are passively active on the site now. They might not be actively seeking deals or posting on the boards, but if you send them offers, they will respond and are willing to make deals.

Is it the same as it was? No, obviously it's not. But if you're willing to put in the "work" they're there. Like with anything, you get out of it what you put into it.

I feel that a lot of the guys on this site that have been around for more than 5 years could be great ambassadors of the hobby and excellent resources for new/returning collectors that stumble in.

But instead they focus on what's wrong with the website, what's wrong with the hobby, how bad Topps is, etc., etc., etc.

It's not going to go back to how it was - it's not going to be free again, it's likely not going to be sifting through page after page of trade offers and the boards aren't going to be overflowing all the time. The sooner everyone accepts that, the better.

Having said all of that, I do think it can shift back that way by doing some small things:

- Post some positive things from time to time. Not every negative thought that crosses your mind has to be shared. Why would anyone want to join or rejoin such a negative place?

- Be helpful to new members. Welcome them, answer or offer to answer any questions for them, offer suggestions for products without adding a negative statement to it (i.e. Topps sucks, but this is the least sucky of the bunch).

- Keep the drama off the boards ... if possible. If someone screws you over on a trade, by all means put it up for public consumption. If someone annoys you, send them a PM. (I'm guilty of this and also need to work on it.)

Sorry for the tangent, but these are all small things that are within our control to improve the boards and trading.

Fin.

I'd say that I have to agree here. I have been a member for 1 year and the negative comments/posts are slightly overwhelming. There is so much crap talking on Topps and everyone else. How can people complain when they are buying something that is unknown. Cards are like buying lottery tickets and complaining that you aren't getting your value because you bought a loser. THAT'S HOW THE GAME WORKS! To me that's what makes it fun. I know any pack could hold my favorite players 1/1.

Also, on the trade topic, I have zero problems completing any and all trades that I want. Almost every time I send a few offers for some cards that I want (base - high end) I get a response and finalize a trade. I'd say 80% of the time.

All in all, stop posting negative posts. I know it's driving me away from the forums personally but I'm still very active on the site. I suspect this may be the case with many members.
[Image: image.jpg]