`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
25+ listed OPG sets/parallels that don't partially/fully exist…or do they?

RE: 25+ listed OPG sets/parallels that don't partially/fully exist…or do they?
(08-22-2014, 06:29 PM)nittany13 Wrote: 1995 Score Promos - do these promos exist for all 275 cards in the set?

[Image: scan0031.jpg]

Very recently these promotional Score cards were added to the OPG for the first 273 cards of the 275 cards in the set. Although I applaud Beckett for taking the time to include these, I am still highly skeptical that these exist for nearly all base cards within the set.

I remember someone posted a comment on another thread a while back that only the first 111 cards have promotional variations. After conducting my own research online I discovered that I was able to find promotional cards for a large majority of these first 111 within the set, but not so much for cards with a higher card set number, so there most likely is some truth to that. Why someone from Score arbitrarily decided on the first 111 is beyond me, but I digress.

However, I also did notice that the Collins above and Kaufman (# 271) also have promotional cards that do indeed exist. From card # 244 on are the RCs from the set. Perhaps promotional cards exist for cards 1-111 and also all/most/some of the RCs in the set (244-275) as well?

Simply, I currently believe promotional cards do not exist for cards 112-243. I just wanted to point that out in case any of you are wondering why you can not locate any of these promotional cards that fall within this span of set numbers.
Hi,

I have these to share, Score Promos I own between 112 and 243
[Image: 1995ScorePromos.jpg]

I had the first 4, under 111 about 10 years ago, I got the last two when I had to buy all 6 on ebay sometime I think in the last two years.

The 1995 Jets Score cards are
039 Ron Moore............promo found
061 Johnny Mitchell..... promo found
103 Johnny Johnson.....promo found
107 Mo Lewis..............promo found
152 Bubby Brister
155 Aaron Glenn
173 Boomer Esiason....promo found
185 GLenn Foley.........promo found
255 Kyle Brady RC
270 Tyrone Davis RC

I would like to find those rookie promos

Well, as most collectors probably already know, I collect Napoleon Kaufman and I've searched with detail for a long time for the following 4 cards, so I am pretty sure they DO NOT exist.

1997 fleer checklists.
I was buying boxes of these at one point trying to at least get a silver kaufman checklist. I had over 300 of the 450 silver parallels and never seen any of the checklists. I've also seen every single card in at least a silver or blue parallel except the 5 checklist cards. Beckett has recently removed the checklist parrallels. I know they removed the kaufman checklist parallels.

1997 brown backs.
Never seen one of these ever for any player. Not even sure how these things came about.

1997 crown silver.
Not sure about these either. I'm starting to think that since one of the versions have a silver crown instead of a gold crown, they were mistakenly listed as silver? I could be wrong, but I've never seen one either. Never heard of silver not having reflective background, but definitely interesting.

1997 pinnacle certified promos.
I've only seen the 3 cards you listed in my lifetime of collecting.

On another note...
I believe that the 1998 ce odyssey level 2 cards have 2 different #/ed HOLOGOLD versions. They list the hologolds #ed/50 but I believe that they also have a #ed/150 version as well. I AM NOT confusing these with the level 1 version. I have multiple versions for kaufman. I used to believe that the #ed/150 version may have been a misprint until I found another one with the SAME EXACT serial number. See scan below. I also have talked with other super collector who also have BOTH versions.
[Image: newshawnphone120_zps6478b16b.jpg]
[Image: newshawnphone119_zps135cfe80.jpg]

[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

(09-01-2014, 05:58 PM)ginge01 Wrote: Hi,

I have these to share, Score Promos I own between 112 and 243

I had the first 4, under 111 about 10 years ago, I got the last two when I had to buy all 6 on ebay sometime I think in the last two years.

The 1995 Jets Score cards are
039 Ron Moore............promo found
061 Johnny Mitchell..... promo found
103 Johnny Johnson.....promo found
107 Mo Lewis..............promo found
152 Bubby Brister
155 Aaron Glenn
173 Boomer Esiason....promo found
185 GLenn Foley.........promo found
255 Kyle Brady RC
270 Tyrone Davis RC

I would like to find those rookie promos
Greetings ginge.

Thanks for at least partially disproving my theory, seriously.

Now that I think about it, I think it was you who stated that the first 111 cards from this Score set had promotional parallels.

At this current time though I still am not convinced that these parallels exist for every card in the set. This example is very similar the various 2005 Upper Deck sets that now have PROMOs listed in the OPG for every card in each respective set, as I referenced on this thread earlier. These promos do indeed exist for some of the cards, but not all the cards in these referenced Upper Deck and Score sets. Nonetheless I may be proven wrong about that too someday.

(09-01-2014, 09:03 PM)cgod26 Wrote: Well, as most collectors probably already know, I collect Napoleon Kaufman and I've searched with detail for a long time for the following 4 cards, so I am pretty sure they DO NOT exist.

1997 fleer checklists.
I was buying boxes of these at one point trying to at least get a silver kaufman checklist. I had over 300 of the 450 silver parallels and never seen any of the checklists. I've also seen every single card in at least a silver or blue parallel except the 5 checklist cards. Beckett has recently removed the checklist parrallels. I know they removed the kaufman checklist parallels.

1997 brown backs.
Never seen one of these ever for any player. Not even sure how these things came about.

1997 crown silver.
Not sure about these either. I'm starting to think that since one of the versions have a silver crown instead of a gold crown, they were mistakenly listed as silver? I could be wrong, but I've never seen one either. Never heard of silver not having reflective background, but definitely interesting.

1997 pinnacle certified promos.
I've only seen the 3 cards you listed in my lifetime of collecting.

On another note...
I believe that the 1998 ce odyssey level 2 cards have 2 different #/ed HOLOGOLD versions. They list the hologolds #ed/50 but I believe that they also have a #ed/150 version as well. I AM NOT confusing these with the level 1 version. I have multiple versions for kaufman. I used to believe that the #ed/150 version may have been a misprint until I found another one with the SAME EXACT serial number. See scan below. I also have talked with other super collector who also have BOTH versions.
[Image: newshawnphone120_zps6478b16b.jpg]
[Image: newshawnphone119_zps135cfe80.jpg]
Someone on here a while ago created a thread specifically questioning the existence of these Crown Silver parallels. If memory serves me correctly a member here noted that they exist but it is very difficult to discern the difference between those and the blue versions, especially through a scan. The jury is still out on how I fell about those however.

I agree on everything else you listed, but the CE Odyssey variations shown above are still a mystery to me as well. I wonder if this was done by CE by design or whether it was simply an error. CE was also notorious for suspect quality control. It is not uncommon, so I have been told, to find multiple cards, which are of the same player and parallel, to have the same serial number.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

(09-01-2014, 09:03 PM)cgod26 Wrote: On another note...
All cards in the Hologold 2nd, 3rd and 4th Quarters have a #/150 (these were inserted into packs). When they realized their mistake, an exchange program was offered where you could send the "misnumbered #/150" for the corrected version #/50, #/30 or #/20 respectively. One replacement was made for each serial #.

I do NOT have doubles of any of these for my player collection.

NOTE: none of the serial #/150 go beyond #50/150 (2nd) #30/150 (3rd) or #20/150 (4th).

What happened in your situation was #48/150 was never sent back for exchange and after Collector's Edge folded, the bulk of the CORRECTED versions hit the market, including the #48/50. Hence you have both.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(09-02-2014, 04:36 PM)jaderock Wrote: All cards in the Hologold 2nd, 3rd and 4th Quarters have a #/150 (these were inserted into packs). When they realized their mistake, an exchange program was offered where you could send the "misnumbered #/150" for the corrected version #/50, #/30 or #/20 respectively. One replacement was made for each serial #.

I do NOT have doubles of any of these for my player collection.

NOTE: none of the serial #/150 go beyond #50/150 (2nd) #30/150 (3rd) or #20/150 (4th).

What happened in your situation was #48/150 was never sent back for exchange and after Collector's Edge folded, the bulk of the CORRECTED versions hit the market, including the #48/50. Hence you have both.
Thanks for the info. I had no idea edge had a send back for those. The funny thing is I never purposefully bought the identical serial number. I just pulled the 2 versions I had and they matched. Lucky coincidence.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

So a guy that had the 1993 Action Packed Mint Parallel of Troy Aikman on Ebay finally relisted it at a low enough opening bid that I had to grab it. Got it in the mail today. I know Mbostick has posted the Steve Young one on this thread. I am still not completely convinced a Mint parallel for every card in the 1993 Action Packed set exists though.
[Image: img034_zps4527a9e6.jpg]
[Image: img035_zpsa1d8aa0b.jpg]
[Image: img036_zpsd89549d9.jpg]

(09-08-2014, 07:13 PM)jjoy Wrote: So a guy that had the 1993 Action Packed Mint Parallel of Troy Aikman on Ebay finally relisted it at a low enough opening bid that I had to grab it. Got it in the mail today. I know Mbostick has posted the Steve Young one on this thread. I am still not completely convinced a Mint parallel for every card in the 1993 Action Packed set exists though.
This is one of these parallels that I cannot give a definitive opinion of. My opinion seems to be change from week to week.

However, I now am now much more inclined to believe that parallels do not exist for every card in the set. The letter shown reinforces my belief that just a handful of these cards in the set, specifically those of superstars from the era, also have parallels. It does not seem likely that there would be 500 winning certificates for all 200 cards within the set. If that be the case then 100K winning certificates would have been created.

Also a mystery concerns the case the card comes in. Years ago I saw a base card listed online encased in this same Action Packed holder.

(09-08-2014, 11:06 PM)nittany13 Wrote: This is one of these parallels that I cannot give a definitive opinion of. My opinion seems to be change from week to week.

However, I now am now much more inclined to believe that parallels do not exist for every card in the set. The letter shown reinforces my belief that just a handful of these cards in the set, specifically those of superstars from the era, also have parallels. It does not seem likely that there would be 500 winning certificates for all 200 cards within the set. If that be the case then 100K winning certificates would have been created.

Also a mystery concerns the case the card comes in. Years ago I saw a base card listed online encased in this same Action Packed holder.
I agree with you. Take Emmitt Smith for instance. I have seen several of the special two card 1993 Mint parallel set numbered to 1486 for sale over the years. I have never seen a 1993 500 serial numbered mint parallel card for him. And he is a popular player. Another popular one would be Barry Sanders. I checked Htoutlaw's website and he doesn't have one. I have never seen one of Barry Sanders for sale either.

As far as the case it came in I have seen several Action packed cards in those cases. I think it is just a standard case Action Packed used.

I have seen all the AP Gold Steve Young cards, but two of them only once. Having collected Steve Young since around 1990, and pretty heavy for over 10 years.

Here is a small portion of my Young stuff....
[Image: Young-Collect-02.jpg]

The fact that I have only seen a couple of them once, and the Young I have is the only I have seen, makes me believe they do or did all exist at one time. However, the star theory may have some merit. The biggest flaw I would see here, is the ap sets didn't have that many commons. They were small sets with multiples cards for many stars.

I wonder if many/most were melted by AP. Granted there is only a tiny tiny bit of gold on the card, even with them being covered, but take 5000-6000+ of them, and that might add up.

(I wish beckett had not changed my user name here to MBostick, my name. They did this when version 2 came out, before that I had posted here as MeteoriteGuy, which is a forum name I have used in every forum for 10-12 years or more. I almost feel like I am an alt now...lol.)

Moved part of this post to the right thread....

(09-09-2014, 08:57 AM)jjoy Wrote: I agree with you. Take Emmitt Smith for instance. I have seen several of the special two card 1993 Mint parallel set numbered to 1486 for sale over the years. I have never seen a 1993 500 serial numbered mint parallel card for him. And he is a popular player. Another popular one would be Barry Sanders. I checked Htoutlaw's website and he doesn't have one. I have never seen one of Barry Sanders for sale either.

As far as the case it came in I have seen several Action packed cards in those cases. I think it is just a standard case Action Packed used.
I can not imagine those encased cards were ever inserted in to packs though, which makes it a minor mystery (box toppers?).
On a side note, the 1997 1/1 Metal Die Prizes appear to come with encased base cards as well.
[Image: BfT6RnmkKGrHqUH-CMErgWrpBLv-OnKb_12.jpg]

(09-09-2014, 09:30 AM)mbostick Wrote: I have seen all the AP Gold Steve Young cards, but two of them only once. Having collected Steve Young since around 1990, and pretty heavy for over 10 years.

Here is a small portion of my Young stuff....
[Image: Young-Collect-02.jpg]

The fact that I have only seen a couple of them once, and the Young I have is the only I have seen, makes me believe they do or did all exist at one time. However, the star theory may have some merit. The biggest flaw I would see here, is the ap sets didn't have that many commons. They were small sets with multiples cards for many stars.

I wonder if many/most were melted by AP. Granted there is only a tiny tiny bit of gold on the card, even with them being covered, but take 5000-6000+ of them, and that might add up...
That is a cool collection of collectibles there.

Going back to your point, including the Update set there are 222 base cards total in this set (not 200 as incorrectly stated by me earlier). The only methods that I could see these "gold cards" being distributed were through inserts, redemptions or in complete factory sets. Since I see a picture of the winning certificate document posted I am inclined to believe that only a few cards from the set had parallels produced, and those could only be acquired through redemption at the time.

This makes me want to break a few cases of these 1993 Action Packed cards to see if I come across any of these winning certificate cards. Who wants to join me?