Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How rare is this card?

How rare is this card?
Ken Griffery Jr Bowman Rookie Card

[Image: dl2d.jpg]

RE: How rare is this card?
Not rare at all. There are hundreds of thousands of all of those cards from the late 80's to early 90's.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I think he's a troll

(10-07-2013, 10:10 AM)hongkongfooey Wrote: I think he's a troll
No I just new to the card game. No harm meant by any means!

(10-07-2013, 10:34 AM)mthsgrg32 Wrote: No I just new to the card game. No harm meant by any means!
Not a harmful question at all.
The only way those Griffey Rookie cards are rare are if they are Graded in top shape. !0 or 9.5 grades from PSA or Beckett, would be the only way to make that card (although a good card to have) a commodity instead of a common-ity. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-07-2013, 11:25 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Not a harmful question at all.
The only way those Griffey Rookie cards are rare are if they are Graded in top shape. !0 or 9.5 grades from PSA or Beckett, would be the only way to make that card (although a good card to have) a commodity instead of a common-ity. Smile
And IF it were a Tiffany.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-07-2013, 11:25 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Not a harmful question at all.
Thank you sir! I agree you can't go wrong with any of Griffery rookie cards! I believe I have like 3 or 4 rookie cards of him. I see his upper deck rookie is ranging from 3-400 dollars. Which I have that one but not graded!

(10-07-2013, 11:30 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: And IF it were a Tiffany.
Very True Indeed!!
I didn't know that Bowman did a Tiffany edition. Cool!! I know that Topps did them during the late 80s, and those are scarce. 10 or 9.5 Graded Tiffany cards would be considerably rarer that that.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-07-2013, 11:48 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Very True Indeed!!
I didn't know that Bowman did a Tiffany edition. Cool!! I know that Topps did them during the late 80s, and those are scarce. 10 or 9.5 Graded Tiffany cards would be considerably rarer that that.
Yeah, Topps did the Tiffany's 1984-1991. And Bowman only did them for 2 years: 1989-1990.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I still have a hard time telling what card is Tiffany. I know it has to be glossy and such. My ken griffey looks glossy but highly doubt it's a Tiffany since you haven't said it was when you saw my card. Still learning