`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Finally! Redemption update (GOT IT!!!) (additional collection pics)

Finally! Redemption update (GOT IT!!!) (additional collection pics)
Finally, after waiting just over a year, my Matt Kemp/Andre Ethier dual auto booklet from 2012 Five Star was marked as shipped (on the redeem.topps website)!
I'll post a pic upon the joyous day of its arrival. I was fearing a replacement, but not as much now as I would have if another forum member didn't post his Kemp auto redemption just recently.

Now, I only have one older redemption in place and its coming up on 2 years. It's a 2012 Ty Cobb relic ... Guess Ty has been real slow about delivering some GU threads to Topps, but I'm a patient fellow! Smile
C'mon, Cobb! Get off your butt and bring them that dirty pair of pants already! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Finally! Redemption update
IF you get that card and IF it is for trade, please let me know! I have a very nice home for it!

Thanks Dr.!

(10-07-2013, 12:16 PM)bill menard Wrote: IF you get that card and IF it is for trade, please let me know! I have a very nice home for it!
Thanks Dr.!
Are you kidding me, Bill!
I've been waiting for that card (still isn't in hand) for well over a year. That puppy isn't leaving my side for a few years. I'll be keeping it under my pillow for safe keeping. In a few years, if my sleep-saliva hasn't eaten through the one touch, perhaps I'll remember your offer Smile

But seriously, if I ever decide to move it, I'll try and give you first right of refusal.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-07-2013, 01:51 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Are you kidding me, Bill!
I've been waiting for that card (still isn't in hand) for well over a year. That puppy isn't leaving my side for a few years. I'll be keeping it under my pillow for safe keeping. In a few years, if my sleep-saliva hasn't eaten through the one touch, perhaps I'll remember your offer Smile

But seriously, if I ever decide to move it, I'll try and give you first right of refusal.
Which card are you talking: the kemp or the Cobb?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Just requested a replacement for my Five Star Lawrie /5. He ensured me it wasn't going to be an Ike Davis card.

I finally got my platinum auto relic Gerriit cole last week....thankfully not a cruddy replacement...now if I could just get the josh bell that I redeemed at the same time last year

(10-07-2013, 05:49 PM)rentzington Wrote: I finally got my platinum auto relic Gerriit cole last week....thankfully not a cruddy replacement...now if I could just get the josh bell that I redeemed at the same time last year
Wish I'd have waited on my Cole. I'm not very patient though. I couldn't even tell you what my replacement was, must not have been very good.

(10-07-2013, 03:47 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Which card are you talking: the kemp or the Cobb?
The Kemp/Ethier auto card/booklet is marked as shipped. Waited over a year for that news. Initially the card I was talking about.

The Cobb relic has been waaaaay longer and still no word. Called Topps and told them that I was NOT asking for a replacement, and was assured that the card is "in the system" ... actually the words that Topps used was "The card is at the vendor" ... whatever that signifies. That was about 6 months ago. Sad

FedEx brought it to me today!!!!!

[Image: null_zps26835956.jpg]

I'm glad I was patient. I think it was worth the wait. FYI: it's PC and here are some more of my Ethier PC.

[Image: null_zpsb1b3c67d.jpg]
And some more ......

[Image: null_zpsb838a33c.jpg]
[Image: null_zps5cf288a8.jpg]
[Image: null_zps33cdb8c4.jpg]
I've a few more that I cannot locate (non s/n autos)

RE: Finally! Redemption update (GOT IT!!!)
Wow! That's a beauty! That Eithier collection is nice. What other players do you have collections of besides him and Ubaldo?