`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawks

RE: Hawks
no a marginal call but a bad call it was way behind the play not like they were toe to toe quincey out a big hit on saad and saad was on the ground not injured while the scoring chance was developing and yes Hawks played there ***** off coming back from 3-1 and glad they won

...nevermind.. I see where this is going..
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

(05-31-2013, 07:51 AM)phildo37 Wrote: ...nevermind.. I see where this is going..
that your wrong yes that's exactly where its going, haha

(05-31-2013, 01:35 PM)markshew Wrote: that your wrong yes that's exactly where its going, haha
ok, I'll bite - wrong about what, exactly?
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

Both calls were good calls. I officiate hockey and I would have called them both the same way. I'm not sure I would have had the balls to call a penalty shot though. I think I would have given a minor in that situation. The call in Game 7 was the right call.

Quincey buried Saad into the boards and Saad through a punch at Quincey and then they were both tangled up. It's coincidental penalties you blow it dead immediately regardless of where the puck is or what kind of play is developing.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

(05-31-2013, 04:45 PM)onoxxxregretso Wrote: Both calls were good calls. I officiate hockey and I would have called them both the same way. I'm not sure I would have had the balls to call a penalty shot though. I think I would have given a minor in that situation. The call in Game 7 was the right call.

Quincey buried Saad into the boards and Saad through a punch at Quincey and then they were both tangled up. It's coincidental penalties you blow it dead immediately regardless of where the puck is or what kind of play is developing.
I agree with you, really on all points. My challenge was not that Colaiacovo interfered with Frolik, just not to the extent that it would warrant a penalty shot. I would agree that a 2-mn minor would've been more appropriate

I liken the coincidental minors to Quincey and Saad not that much different that a ref having a quick whistle on a save - you lose sight of the puck, the play stops with the intent to blow the whistle. I think most refs would rather not have done that, especially when the puck squirts loose the moment the blow the whistle, but that's the rule..