`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why don't people respond to trade offers?

RE: why don't people respond to trade offers?
(05-18-2013, 10:28 PM)phildo37 Wrote: I don't always get notifications... they're spotty how they come, and if they don't get caught up in my junk folder. For instance, I got notification of your trade cancellation, but not your trade offer
It could be something to do with the settings in your profile as much as them being blocked by a filter on your email account...
(05-18-2013, 10:32 PM)wickabee Wrote: I don't check my email and often forget to check my trades page, so I'm totally guilty of this and have been on your end as well. At the end of the day, I guess, we're people, not businesses. I know it's not a good excuse or anything it is what it is.
You're right, it is what it is. It's not that big of a deal. Maybe i'm a bit of a dork but i really enjoy trading and when i see something that someone else has posted for trade that i'd like and there's no response at all it's disappointing. I check my trade sites multiple times a day but that's just me..always looking for a trade.
SIDE Convo - to the point of being notified of a trade offer...what's the best way to notify someone of a trade if they aren't getting the email of the trade offer. PM? something else?
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

(05-18-2013, 10:47 PM)chemainus Wrote: It could be something to do with the settings in your profile as much as them being blocked by a filter on your email account...
possibly, although, I do get trade notifications from time to time in my e-mail..

although, to your larger point, I suppose it would be beneficial to the community if I just purge my org. I'll put that on the to-do list

[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

(05-18-2013, 10:53 PM)phildo37 Wrote: possibly, although, I do get trade notifications from time to time in my e-mail..

although, to your larger point, I suppose it would be beneficial to the community if I just purge my org. I'll put that on the to-do list
It may help you sell your stuff if your ORG is updated and trade offers could be a good start to sales for you if someone is interested in what you've got...
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc

(05-18-2013, 11:15 PM)chemainus Wrote: It may help you sell your stuff if your ORG is updated and trade offers could be a good start to sales for you if someone is interested in what you've got...
Agreed, except that costs money - and I've spent enough on the website. And, Beckett is only for cards.. I've got autos and game used. Plus, loading 50k items would take far too long
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

PMs are awesome.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(05-18-2013, 09:18 PM)chemainus Wrote: I understand that people aren't interested in trading for any or all of the above reason but it's really not that hard to just cancel the offers that come in. It takes 2 seconds and in my opinion (take it for what it's worth) is a simple common courtesy that would be appreciated.
I hear ya and totally agree with you..its very aggravating to not even hear a peep never mind the cancel, I probably cancel at least 30 trades a month because of the same thing. Mind you I probably make about 30 trades as well, takes a lot of time to go through my org as well as the other persons to make an offer and then theres nothing...so annoying
Canucks fan for life

It is frustrating when you get several people that do not respond to their trade offers, or people that do not bother to cancel them. I have experienced this and been guilty of this a time or two. However, from my perspective it is a pain to trade on this site (as much as I enjoy trading). Several times I have come on here prepared to work on a trade offer I have received and the site is so slow. It takes several minutes to load a single page and often time you end up starting over as it seems error messages keep coming up.

Another reason, (not to personally attack anyone) is people load hundreds and hundreds of crappy base cards into their organize it it takes literally hours to look through this crap and find something you are looking for. It is not often I have the time or patience to sort through all this stuff. Unless it is higher end base stuff from a higher end product it is really frustrating. I only put inserts, rc's and sp cards into my organize....if someone is looking for base from a certain set than I will add what they need for that specific trade.

I know some people have a different perspective, but those are my thoughts.

I experience the same frustrations as the OP. I have about 10 offers out now (only to people who are active on the site) and will end up cancelling most of them due to a lack of response. As to the "crappy" base cards line of thought, here is my perspective. The trade feature has filters for avoiding them in your search and if you are looking for them you can always limited them to a certain team or type in the set name to search.

I am in the process right now of adding more of my incomplete sets to my wants so that I can begin searching through the crappy base and finally finish those sets off. If you are not adding the base to your traders, you might as well throw them out because this is the only viable way to make use of them.

I agree it can be annoying filtering through thousands of base cards to find what you're looking for if you don't collect sets. I've noticed that using the provided filters don't always work. Example, when selecting the canucks as a filter it doesn't always bring up every canuck card in that org and I've missed cards that I wanted and settled for tradebait instead. It's annoying having to type in every player when you collect a team instead of being able to 100% rely on selecting the canuck filter.

I agree with runfromabear in the sense that it does take a long time to load pages when trading. I've also had problems with adding cards to the trade. The little icon goes around in a circle for 5 minutes before bringing up an error.

I think this site has the potential to be an ideal place to trade. However the server is too slow, the people can't be bothered to add items to their organize partially because of the cost, and the org in itself isn't fully updated (filters don't work 100%). I'm sure their are other reasons but i'm sleepy at the moment and can't think.

Where's that new guy? It'd be great if they put a little red notification in the heading to let you know that you have a trade offer or message or something. So that way, when you click on the forums to come here and have your thoughts and answers go completely to waste, you'll at least know you have a trade offer. Man.
Whats even more frustration is the lack of trading on this site. I used to mail out cards every day. Now im lucky if its once a week. C'MON PEOPLE. I JUST WANT TO FINISH SOME SETS.

you know, I have not added a single card to my brandon nolan collection going on 2 years. Do you know what that does to your soul? IT MAKES IT GO AWAY. please do not go away soul.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches