`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is now the time to sell Matt Harvey?

is now the time to sell Matt Harvey?
I had seen the Beckett News article, but had no idea what his 2010 Bowman's & Chrome's were bringing. After some quick sorting I have 44 base, 6 base golds, 12 chromes, 1 purple refractor and 2 regular refractors. I'm interested in opinions, is now the optimum time or is there a higher ceiling for him?
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

RE: is now the time to sell Matt Harvey?
I'd say higher ceiling, but it might take a bit longer. cash now or wait and hope for a bit more later.
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios

Where did strasburg top out at? Cause right now Harvey chromes are bringing 5-8 per.

I can't imagine people ever being higher on him than now.

I would cash out now. There's always the possibility he keeps rising in prices, but I bet you're in for a nice return as it is. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered is something I try to go by.
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

Sell now. I just sold my 2010 BC auto for $140, which is crazy. There aren't many pitchers you can't get an auto of for $140 (who are alive).
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Exactly, thats what I've been thinking. I usually open 6-10 cases a year of draft, cause there's so much residual value. Gonna move forward on your advise.

I would sell now...his base stuff prob won't any higher...his autograph stuff is what you will see a bigger jump in if he continues to dominate.

Best bet is to sell now and don't look back. For all you know the guy could go injure himself next game and need TJ surgery or something. I don't "prospect" but from another board I read a lot on, that is also heavy into prospecting, is you don't want to mess too much with the pitchers.

You have so many of them though. If I were you, I would sell 2/3 of them now since I doubt they will ever be worth more. On the other hand, you still have a few left if they keep going up or if you decide you want to save a couple.