`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading question?

Trading question?
Hi....I am just curious if there is a way to see where the trader is from before you accept a trade? I hate when I accept a trade and I see that the trader is Canada. No offense to Canadian traders you have all been great but it just means I am stuck paying $9 for shipping. I noticed the Canadian post office is still charging the usual couple bucks to ship to the US.

RE: Trading question?
It has either the Canadian Flag or the US flag in the corner of the trade...hope that helps!
Always looking for Ken Griffey Jr, and Randy Johnson Rookies. Check my org for trades!

[Image: 9kx9BTZ.png]

Do not trade with: SFssft1911

When you're working a trade, look at the page that shows what's being traded. There should be a flag by the person's name. It will be next to the feedback rating. Check the flag and see what it is.

(03-21-2013, 08:33 AM)joba the clark Wrote: Hi....I am just curious if there is a way to see where the trader is from before you accept a trade? I hate when I accept a trade and I see that the trader is Canada. No offense to Canadian traders you have all been great but it just means I am stuck paying $9 for shipping. I noticed the Canadian post office is still charging the usual couple bucks to ship to the US.

Ah HA...Thanks for the info.
(03-21-2013, 08:39 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: When you're working a trade, look at the page that shows what's being traded. There should be a flag by the person's name. It will be next to the feedback rating. Check the flag and see what it is.

(03-21-2013, 08:33 AM)joba the clark Wrote: No offense to Canadian traders you have all been great but it just means I am stuck paying $9 for shipping. I noticed the Canadian post office is still charging the usual couple bucks to ship to the US.
Non taken and I don't hold it against anyone from the States when they cancel a trade because of the postage, even though this is hapening a lot lately. I usually tell my traders to go over BV on my side to even out, or I had one massive trade where I got 700 hundreds of base cards for substantially less inserts jsy etc...but equal BV. My traders shipping was $20 so as part of the deal I happily chipped in via paypal to help out on some of the shipping. If I keep the Bubble Mailer flat enough I can send out a trade for $2.50-$3.50 to the states. However, as soon as the bubble mailer hits a certain width (2cm I think). It jacks up to 10 bucks and has to go airmail. Yes airmail. This really doesn't make sense to me at times. Just Monday I sent a package off to Detroit and it had to go airmail. Detroit is a grand total of a 3hour drive from here. I asked and they said that even if I was in Windsor , my original hometown and across the river it would have to go airmail. 'Course this is what I was told buy the woman behind a counter not any high up official.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I have no problem making trades with Canadian members, but I just like to get my moneys worth now with the shipping being so expensive. It really is unfair for all you Canadian traders. I also don't understand why its so expensive for us to ship to Canada while shipping from Canada is still the same price. I asked the lady at the post office that question and she was a complete _%#$% about it.
(03-21-2013, 10:26 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Non taken and I don't hold it against anyone from the States when they cancel a trade because of the postage, even though this is hapening a lot lately. I usually tell my traders to go over BV on my side to even out, or I had one massive trade where I got 700 hundreds of base cards for substantially less inserts jsy etc...but equal BV. My traders shipping was $20 so as part of the deal I happily chipped in via paypal to help out on some of the shipping. If I keep the Bubble Mailer flat enough I can send out a trade for $2.50-$3.50 to the states. However, as soon as the bubble mailer hits a certain width (2cm I think). It jacks up to 10 bucks and has to go airmail. Yes airmail. This really doesn't make sense to me at times. Just Monday I sent a package off to Detroit and it had to go airmail. Detroit is a grand total of a 3hour drive from here. I asked and they said that even if I was in Windsor , my original hometown and across the river it would have to go airmail. 'Course this is what I was told buy the woman behind a counter not any high up official.

If you can make your send as flat as possible, your post office may accept it as a "large envelope" which is considerably cheaper shipping - to canada that is.

I made my first trade to Australia the other day. Surprisingly the shipping wasn't too different than to Canada.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

flatter than 3/4 of an inch and should be able to send it as large envelope. usually under $3 USD

www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios