`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picked up a Chamberlain

Picked up a Chamberlain
Another beauty delivered today. I think It has good eye appeal compared to the usual miscut cards out there. I've been wanting one of these for a long while.

1961 Fleer, Wilt Chamberlain RC
[Image: img877a.jpg]

RE: Picked up a Chamberlain
Wow! That is a beautiful 6! It looks better than a lot of PSA 7's I see from the same set (thanks to the great centering on your card.) Do you collect the whole 61 set or did you just pick up the Chamberlain just because it's a great card?

I just started trying to put that set together in PSA 7 or better. I am about 25 cards in but I still have to get the major RC's (Wilt, West, Oscar and Elgin). I have the Wilt IA in PSA 7 but I can't wait to save up enough to get the real thing like you've got there.

Congratulations!

(01-22-2013, 03:31 AM)slum22 Wrote: Wow! That is a beautiful 6! It looks better than a lot of PSA 7's I see from the same set (thanks to the great centering on your card.) Do you collect the whole 61 set or did you just pick up the Chamberlain just because it's a great card?

I just started trying to put that set together in PSA 7 or better. I am about 25 cards in but I still have to get the major RC's (Wilt, West, Oscar and Elgin). I have the Wilt IA in PSA 7 but I can't wait to save up enough to get the real thing like you've got there.

Congratulations!
The card does have a rough side, but the great centering makes up for it.
I'm not doing the entire set, just rookies of my favorites. I'm also interested in the West and Robertson from the set.

I noticed you also posted a scan of the Magic/Bird PSA 7. That's a nice card too. I have a BGS Jordan and I have an ungraded Magic/Bird card but I don't think it would grade very highly so I am looking to get one that is already graded too.

I am mainly a 1980's and earlier basketball collector. Do you mainly collect basketball? If you don't mind me asking how much did the Chamberlain set you back? and where did you get it? Judging by Ebay history, I have a feeling I am looking at about a grand if I want to wait for a PSA 7 Wilt RC. Wondering what a 6 would cost me.

(01-20-2013, 12:07 AM)hlc1949 Wrote: Another beauty delivered today. I think It has good eye appeal compared to the usual miscut cards out there. I've been wanting one of these for a long while.

1961 Fleer, Wilt Chamberlain RC
[Image: img877a.jpg]
That is one outstanding 6! Congrats and don't let that one go!

Glad to see the 61 set is getting some more collectors. I'm trying to build this 61 set in psa 8.5 form which is going to take me years but these cards have great eye appeal. Congrats on your Wilt.

I have some common psa 7's feel free to post or message me your checklist and I'll if I can help you out.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]