`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RIP Stan Musial

RE: RIP Stan Musial
From what I read of him he was not only a great baseball player but an even greater Man. Rest in peace Mr. Musial.

(01-19-2013, 09:33 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: From what I read of him he was not only a great baseball player but an even greater Man. Rest in peace Mr. Musial.
missed 3 season in his prime to fight in WW2. a lot of players did back then. but you know that would never happen in todays world.

STL has been known to have the best baseball fans ever. we don't boo players when they're in slumps, we don't boo the other team (unless of a serious rivalry), and it's all really because of "The Man". he showed us to have an open heart and to love the game and we always have and always will. From generation to generation.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

I had my eye on a Musial Triple Threads auto that was listed for $99...the guy pulled it and jacked it to $249.99 in the past hour.

Man, today we lost a larger than life legend! St Louis has lost the king! RIP Stan! Thanks for making baseball the game it is today and showing us all what a true gentleman is.

Very sad day, not only for Cardinal Nation but for all of baseball. R.I.P Stan "the Man" Musial.

It just hasn't really set in for me that he is gone. Opening day will be tough. As I said I had planned to take my sons to Opening Day this year and hoped to get a chance to see him in person. Even if its in the "nose bleed" section. Stan is and was the Cardinals. As I mentioned in another post I've only been a Cardinal fan for a short time (10 years). After the last player strike I was kinda of out of baseball until I moved to Springfield MO, and caught a game on Fox Midwest. Then I got hooked. Before I had always respected Stan but once you become a fan of the franchise you get a whole new perspective on who he was and what he meant to the Cardinals, the state of Missouri, and the City of St. Louis. I know that when my dad passed away all the wonderful stories about who he was helped keep the pain from becoming to overwhelming. I'm sure the Musial family will not have a lack of memories to help ease the pain, as we, The Cardinal Nation, will not have a lack of memories of "The Man" as well.

Thank you for all you have done for the Cardinal Nation, Stan. RIP

RIP Stan The Man!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Not only a great player but a great man. All of baseball will miss him. I got this from him TTM when I was 13 and have hung on to it for the last 25 years. As you can see it has seen some wear and has been well loved. I don't think I will ever get rid of it. I also threw in the second because it is one of my favorite cards. The corners are so sharp but it is a little off center.
[Image: musialauto_zps42102e6f.jpg]
[Image: musial.jpg]
[Image: rickeybanner.png]

Collecting: Rickey Henderson, Lyle Overbay, Bob Coluccio and Jerome Iginla

Ken Griffey Jr. also shared the same birthday as Stan Musial AND was born in the same town as Musial, Donora, Pennsylvania. Stan was also one of only eight baseball players to be awarded the prestigious Presidential Medal of Freedom. The other recipients were Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente, Joe DiMaggio, Buck O'Neil, Frank Robinson, Jackie Robinson and Ted Williams.

R.I.P. Stan Musial. You were truly one of the all-time greats.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

What a great player and better man! A very sad day for baseball.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!