`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
MJ maildays: three more adds, platinum-y feel w/ scan 1-15!

RE: MJ maildays! nice BGS add and a question 12-6!
Nice $50 pick-up! I think you might owe someone a favor.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Great pick-up. I get a little extra excited every time I see I nice 90's refractor. Personally it would bug me that it had the peel on it. I hate seeing cards that way. However, I would hesitate to crack a 9 in hopes of a 9.5. Taking the peel off is easy, but you could possible due a little damage to a corner or side, or you could do a little damage to the card cracking. Or part of the surface grade might be the back which has no protector. Or you could get a worse grading because it is all subjective. I see where you are going with it, but if you are happy with the card I would leave it. That being said it would look awesome without the peel and with a nice gold label on top!
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

A couple pickups, one via trade (thanks nickm!) and one kinda an Xmas present to me before I went fishing for the white whale haha.

[Image: newMJs1-11001_zps3f937f0d.jpg]

MJ refractor again. I'm guessing SHowley is happy based on his last post Smile Thanks for looking!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: MJ maildays! nice new adds w/ scan 1-11
Glad you got your card. I really like the refractor. I still need to pick that one up.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Cool Slam Cam! Nice Pickups man.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Some more new stuff! This is probably 1.5 weeks or so of maildays. I've been trying to be more selective and get cards I either really want/like or get graded versions. Here are some raw pickups.

[Image: newrawMJs2-10001_zps8091280b.jpg]

Definitely a fan of all of these. Picked up the Fusion card and the jam session die-cut in trades on here (thanks guys!) and the rest of these raw ones I bought on here as well!

Now for some BGS goodies!

[Image: newgradedMJs2-10001_zps63914cf8.jpg]

I was so stunned when my own Xplosion MJ came back w/o the gold label (.5 off, BGS 9) that I decided to upgrade! The Fast Break Connections upgrades my raw one, so it's available if anyone is interested.

As always, thanks for looking!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

RE: MJ maildays! Couple new scans 2-10!
Great stuff. It's good to see that you are having success with deals on this site. I think that is a major plus of this site, and we need to make use of it. I want this site to continue to be a viable option for collectors.

Okay, enough of my rant. What was the issue with the previous Molten card that it didn't get a Gold? I imagine it was surface? The cards tend to be well centered, and the edges and corners would have to be really mistreated to show major issues. I to would have expected one that I deemed worthy of grading to come back 9.5 overall.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

(02-10-2014, 10:25 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: Great stuff. It's good to see that you are having success with deals on this site. I think that is a major plus of this site, and we need to make use of it. I want this site to continue to be a viable option for collectors.

Okay, enough of my rant. What was the issue with the previous Molten card that it didn't get a Gold? I imagine it was surface? The cards tend to be well centered, and the edges and corners would have to be really mistreated to show major issues. I to would have expected one that I deemed worthy of grading to come back 9.5 overall.
It was the corners...you know the rounded, metallic corners. 8.5. It seemed nothing short of random and/or spiteful lol. Seriously ticked me off!

nice stuff buck!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Great looking stuff man! Shoot me your addy I have a few things for you Smile
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United