`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
OT: Do we really need commentators during games on TV?

OT: Do we really need commentators during games on TV?
I don't know about you, but I'm kinda wanting a more at-game feel when I'm watching a game. One of my biggest pet peeves is having to listen to someone tell me "that was a great run!". Really? I couldn't have figured that one out myself? Or how about something like, "Wow, was that a great run or what? Say Brent, did you know this guy has a franchise of earthworm farms in Botswana?" What does that have to do with the game? I love how it is at the actual game itself: let me know what down it is, how many yards to go, who made the play.

Well, it gave me the excuse to post this video. I love this movie!!!

[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

RE: OT: Do we really need commentators during games on TV?
I ask myself if I'm going to turn off the volume every time Joe Buck is calling the game I'm watching. Unfortunately he is always doing the game of the week so chances are he is.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

i agree.. sometimes it makes ya wonder.. if what they said was really just said and WHY..
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

The problem with football broadcasts is that in three-plus-hour segment there are only 11 minutes of actual playing time. The WSJ did a study (you can look it up: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...%3Darticle). They have action happening for only 0:11. This means there are commercials and meaningless gabbing the other 3:00+. Think about that, if an athlete played both ways and on all special teams, the time he would actually be participating in a live play is less than 15 minutes per Sunday. Now I know they are not overpaid for the work they do.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(01-06-2013, 11:58 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: I ask myself if I'm going to turn off the volume every time Joe Buck is calling the game I'm watching. Unfortunately he is always doing the game of the week so chances are he is.
Joe Buck is the WORST! I can't stand him.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson