`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
Although I'm a West Coaster, it's about two hours until midnight for you East Coasters. I made my New Year's Eve fish tacos and my aunt from Massachusetts got her Chinese food, so here I am posting this thread. As it creeps up to midnight and everyone is focused on kisses, dropping mirrored balls, and singing Auld Lang Syne plus, this year, the fiscal cliff, I can't sing and have no one to kiss, so I'm here. Not even sure where I'm going with this post, by the way. Man, 2012 went by fast, I remember last New Year's Eve like it was yesterday. It was a good year, though, I guess. What is your favorite card you aquired in 2012? Doesn't have to be pack pulled or anything, just aquired by you. My favorite pack pulled card is my 2012 Elite Status Autograph of Cam Newton #7/10. My favorite card bought as a single is my first 1952 Topps card, an Allie Reynolds Black-Back BVG 3. What about you guys, and are you doing anything special for New Year's?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

RE: Happy New Year!
I'm doing the same thing I've done the past 11 years. I'm sitting at home watching tv with my wife and stuffing my fat face. One of those years(2005 or 2006, I don't remember wheny they came out and too lazy to look on Wikepedia) we sat at a WalMart to wait for a new shipment of the XBOX 360s when they first came out. That was exciting!

My favorite card that I bought would have to be my 1956 Topps Koufax. I didn't have any memorable pulls that I can think of. I don't bust too much stuff.

Happy New Year to all.

Sounds like me and the fish tacos, only no wife. Your Koufax is sweet! The Xbox 360 came out in '05, by the way. I had nothing better to do than look it up.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

Great pic, Ziveus101! Happy New Year!

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

Happy new year guys!
great pic of the sunrise!
Sat at home and watched movies with my kids, sister and a female interest. nice relaxing night and barely stayed awake until midnight.
my favorite card I aquired during 2012? dang so many choices. either my griffey/felix hernandez dual auto or my koufax or mathews sweet spots. cant choose. Don't buy wax anymore, just buy the singles I want
no org, please do not send trade requests

Happy new year guys!
great pic of the sunrise!
Sat at home and watched movies with my kids, sister and a female interest. nice relaxing night and barely stayed awake until midnight.
my favorite card I aquired during 2012? dang so many choices. either my griffey/felix hernandez dual auto or my koufax or mathews sweet spots. cant choose. Don't buy wax anymore, just buy the singles I want
no org, please do not send trade requests

(12-31-2012, 10:04 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Although I'm a West Coaster, it's about two hours until midnight for you East Coasters. I made my New Year's Eve fish tacos and my aunt from Massachusetts got her Chinese food, so here I am posting this thread. ?... [edit] What is your favorite card you aquired in 2012? Doesn't have to be pack pulled or anything, just aquired by you. My favorite pack pulled card is my 2012 Elite Status Autograph of Cam Newton #7/10. My favorite card bought as a single is my first 1952 Topps card, an Allie Reynolds Black-Back BVG 3. What about you guys, and are you doing anything special for New Year's?
Happy 2013 my west coast Yankees Bro!
I spent New Year's Eve the way I've done for the last several years. My wife and I have sushi with the kids. Home by 9, she's asleep by 11, the little ones stay up till the ball drops and I watch Armageddon! until about 3am. This will be my 12th year in a row watching it .... I don't really know why I started but it has become my yearly tradition.
Favorite "pull" of the year is my signed Willie Mays card / coin from the Topps golden giveaway contest (if that qualifies as a pull)
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
(This is not my specific card, mine has a different #)
My favorite single purchased new card this year would have to be my 2012 Triple Threads relic of Evan Longoria that says "NOT EVA" I thought that was hilarious!
(Again not my card ... Mine is the same with a different #)

My favorite vintage single? I can't decide ... I love them all equally Smile
Mitch
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Happy New Year everyone!
2012 was a good year for me card-wise, got a bunch of cards that were on my Wantlist.
If I have to pick just one and being this is the Baseball forum I'd have to say it was the 1996 SPx Mike Piazza auto. No way I wouldn't pull one of these from a pack at 1:2000 odds.

[Image: image.jpg]

(01-02-2013, 10:04 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Happy 2013 my west coast Yankees Bro!
I spent New Year's Eve the way I've done for the last several years. My wife and I have sushi with the kids. Home by 9, she's asleep by 11, the little ones stay up till the ball drops and I watch Armageddon! until about 3am. This will be my 12th year in a row watching it .... I don't really know why I started but it has become my yearly tradition.
Favorite "pull" of the year is my signed Willie Mays card / coin from the Topps golden giveaway contest (if that qualifies as a pull)
(This is not my specific card, mine has a different #)
My favorite single purchased new card this year would have to be my 2012 Triple Threads relic of Evan Longoria that says "NOT EVA" I thought that was hilarious!
(Again not my card ... Mine is the same with a different #)

My favorite vintage single? I can't decide ... I love them all equally Smile
Mitch
Happy New Year to you too, man. Those are two awesome cards!

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.