`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
January TriStar show in Houston

January TriStar show in Houston
My wife is going down to Houston to visit family near the end of January and I am going to go to the card show there that weekend. Has anyone ever been to a TriStar show before? I know there will be a lot of former athletes there signing autographs. I won't be getting any there though, I can't justify paying $100 to someone to sign their name on a picture. As a card collector, would it be worth it to go to this show? I am going to be taking about $300 and I hope that is enough to last me two days and have some fun.

RE: January TriStar show in Houston
I haven't been to a TriStar show, but it looks like fun.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

yes its fun always buy cards i dont need at that show

I've never been and this year it's 15 hours away. Is it worth going to? And the main persons autograph I would want is Ernie Banks, any idea how much he charges for an autograph? Thanks!
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

(12-26-2012, 08:33 PM)MrSwankTank21 Wrote: I've never been and this year it's 15 hours away. Is it worth going to? And the main persons autograph I would want is Ernie Banks, any idea how much he charges for an autograph? Thanks!
For an auto on a photo, it is $89. He is one of the cheaper autographs you can get this year. If I could afford it, I would want to get Bart Starr and Mike Tyson but that would kill my budget. I am going to bring some of my own PC with me and try to do some trades.

I think its one of the top 5 shows in the country. I ve been to the national, sun times, chantilly to name a few, and the Houston show always has a nice mix of high-end, to tables with value boxes, volume wax dealers to memorbilia displays. You'll find plenty to spend the $300 on.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

I went to a TRISTAR show in Cleveland. Was much smaller than national but big enough I had plenty to see.

Should be a good show in Houston -- that's where they are based.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)