`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
oops!

oops!
I was surfing the Bay today and saw a box of those "chase cards" for sale. I thought that it said that it will contain a pack of 1952 Topps and I couldn't pass up a chance at getting a pack like that. I show my grandfather who pointed out that the description says there is a chance that it can contain that pack, it's not guaranteed. I am kicking myself right now because I am saving for a case of cards. There goes $50 out the window for a bunch of packs from the '80's and a whole lotta junk. I just wanted to share my misery.

RE: oops!
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you can break it up when you get it and sell it. You could get $30 back, best case scenario.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Oh, man. Bummer. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised, but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope. I've spent $50 in worse ways though.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(11-18-2012, 06:15 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you can break it up when you get it and sell it. You could get $30 back, best case scenario.
that is what i was thinking of doing, unless i get one of the big packs from the 50's or 60's lol.

Right, perhaps it will be a lucky box and be worth it. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

Just an update...I "won" the auction at $69. That's what I get for placing my max bid so much higher than the asking price. If I manage to pull anything special I will let y'all know.

Hopefully you'll get a vintage pack from the '50s or '60s. If not I hope you can salvage some money by breaking it up and selling it.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.