`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.94 Average
GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD
(11-18-2012, 04:46 PM)jd2k2003 Wrote: Awesome. If we can get it worked out today I can mail tomorrow
still working on the deal, i got alot for you but still looking through yours
[Image: griffeypanel_zps5b8ec0f2.jpg]
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.

I already like where this thread has gone. I'm to the point also where I don't want to buy hobby boxes and would rather spend the money buying griffeys from you guys so I'll let you know when I have the cash to buy. Just finished awesome trades with bonds20001 and akbobcat

(11-18-2012, 04:39 PM)jd2k2003 Wrote: I'm looking forward to it also. I have a hard time even wanting to let go of my Dupe's but will eventually. I'm slowly marking more and more for trade. Sending out my first cards to be graded tomorrow also. 2x Bowman 89 and 1x Donruss 89
I had a lot of dupes and it seemed like my collection was going no where. Once I set my mind to trading dupes I have more than doubled my uniques. My collection has grown from 5,000 Griffeys total in 2009 to over 13,000 total as of right now, including 3,300 unique ones. If I didn't make the choice to trade duplicates I do not know where the collection would be.

My collecting of Griffs has slowed significantly due to the fact I'm collecting sets and was collecting the 2009 Icons Letterman. Most sets are well on their way to being done I see a lot of inserts that I'll need still. My favorite cards are the variants, Spanish, and oddballs from 1989-1992. These are hard to get some times.

[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

(11-18-2012, 10:27 PM)akbobcat Wrote: I had a lot of dupes and it seemed like my collection was going no where. Once I set my mind to trading dupes I have more than doubled my uniques. My collection has grown from 5,000 Griffeys total in 2009 to over 13,000 total as of right now, including 3,300 unique ones. If I didn't make the choice to trade duplicates I do not know where the collection would be.

My collecting of Griffs has slowed significantly due to the fact I'm collecting sets and was collecting the 2009 Icons Letterman. Most sets are well on their way to being done I see a lot of inserts that I'll need still. My favorite cards are the variants, Spanish, and oddballs from 1989-1992. These are hard to get some times.
Your post may be what makes me set my dupes for trade tomorrow. I think I'm around 1300 uniques. I measure it by how many left are on my want list. Down to 12400 but I haven't taken the time to remove the the 1\1

I'm just glad you got your sig finished! I've got one letter but wasnt the one you needed, cool to see it completed!!!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(11-18-2012, 10:36 PM)jd2k2003 Wrote: Your post may be what makes me set my dupes for trade tomorrow. I think I'm around 1300 uniques. I measure it by how many left are on my want list. Down to 12400 but I haven't taken the time to remove the the 1\1
Keep in mind some cards are not licensed and may not appear in Beckett's listing. I count these regional and one-off cards as well.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

(11-18-2012, 10:39 PM)akbobcat Wrote: Keep in mind some cards are not licensed and may not appear in Beckett's listing. I count these regional and one-off cards as well.
I have a bunch of those after a trade last year with cap cush. Not in my org so personal unless someone specifically asks for them. Maybe one day I'll make a photobicket or imgur album

(11-18-2012, 04:46 PM)jd2k2003 Wrote: Awesome. If we can get it worked out today I can mail tomorrow
email sent
[Image: griffeypanel_zps5b8ec0f2.jpg]
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.

Nice idea and I might need to try that with my Derek Jeter doubles when I get back but I don't think there are many serious Jeter collectors like me on here that have what I have minus people like Nelson. Then I am mostly looking for his 90's cards which limits the cards I am searching for to about 850 cards I need out of the 1900 plus they made.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(11-19-2012, 02:36 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Nice idea and I might need to try that with my Derek Jeter doubles when I get back but I don't think there are many serious Jeter collectors like me on here that have what I have minus people like Nelson. Then I am mostly looking for his 90's cards which limits the cards I am searching for to about 850 cards I need out of the 1900 plus they made.
Jeter & Ichiro are usually my other go to cards to trade for since they usually trade well. I know you've looked through my stuff recently and didnt see anything though