`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
OT: ROY Debates!

OT: ROY Debates!
So given the Presidential election is almost here, let's hear your debates for whom the ROY may be on both the Offensive and Defensive sides of the ball.

My votes:
Offensive: Robert Griffin III (1778 yds passing, 476 yds rushing, 14 total TDs (8 passing, 6 rushing), 5 TOs (3 Ints, 2 FUM lost)

Defensive: I think this is where it can get to be a lost more tricky this year. No clear cut guys like Von Miller and Aldon Smith last year.

Possible Options:
Chandler Jones (33 tackles, 6 TFL, 6 sacks, 2 Pass Def, 3 Forced Fumbles)
Luke Kuechly (35 tackles, 7 TFL, 3 Pass Def, 1 Int)
Casey Hayward (25 tackles, 7 Pass Def, 4 Int)

I'm thinking right now, I have to go with Chandler Jones.

Let's hear (read) your debates for 2012!

-Erik

RE: OT: ROY Debates!
I'm not biased at all lol
Defensive:
Harrison Smith 45 tackles 8 Pass Def 1 Int 1 TD 1 ejection Smile

I just love players like this though, just everywhere on the field. He is a rookie though, still room for improvement.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

offensive is no contest anymore. RGIII takes the cake. I think casey hayward should win cuz 4 int is pretty impressive, let alone for a rookie.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

I think by the end if the year it will be Luck for offensive rookie of the year. Can't paste any stats since I'm on my phone but his passer rating is higher and by the end of the year teams will have tape on rgIII so his stats will start to go down.

Defense I think there have been some really good rookies. Kuechly, Mark Barron , Janoris Jenkins has played really well, chandler jones and Harrison smith. Tough to pick right now.

(11-01-2012, 10:36 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: I think by the end if the year it will be Luck for offensive rookie of the year. Can't paste any stats since I'm on my phone but his passer rating is higher and by the end of the year teams will have tape on rgIII so his stats will start to go down.

Defense I think there have been some really good rookies. Kuechly, Mark Barron , Janoris Jenkins has played really well, chandler jones and Harrison smith. Tough to pick right now.
Passer Ratings:
Andrew Luck: 74.6
Robert Griffin III: 97.3

OTHERS higher than Luck: Russell Wilson and Ryan Tannehill? wow.

According to
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?S...G&tabSeq=0

Good selection of Harrison Smith's #'s...
45 tackles, 8 pass Def, 1 Int, 1 TD

Im going to go with Andrew Luck and Shea McClellin. Neither will win but these two guys have made such an impact on their teams. I know RG3 is the sexy pick but the Skins are 3-5. Luck had to replace Peyton Manning and has done well. I just think thats more impressive. As for McClellin the Bears have struggled putting pressure on the QB the past few seasons and when he is on the field he makes the entire D-line better. He is one of those guys no one will talk about but Im telling you he impacts the game beyond the stat sheet and thats a sign of a great player.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(11-01-2012, 10:49 PM)usafshelland Wrote: Passer Ratings:
Andrew Luck: 74.6
Robert Griffin III: 97.3

OTHERS higher than Luck: Russell Wilson and Ryan Tannehill? wow.

According to
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?S...G&tabSeq=0

Good selection of Harrison Smith's #'s...
45 tackles, 8 pass Def, 1 Int, 1 TD
I was going with the QBR, Bill Simmons wrote a very good article on the two the other day.

(11-01-2012, 11:14 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Im going to go with Andrew Luck and Shea McClellin. Neither will win but these two guys have made such an impact on their teams. I know RG3 is the sexy pick but the Skins are 3-5. Luck had to replace Peyton Manning and has done well. I just think thats more impressive. As for McClellin the Bears have struggled putting pressure on the QB the past few seasons and when he is on the field he makes the entire D-line better. He is one of those guys no one will talk about but Im telling you he impacts the game beyond the stat sheet and thats a sign of a great player.
The Skins being 3-5 isnt his fault its our terrible corners that keep getting lit up hes scored more points this year then we did all of last year lol But I think Wilson has done a great Job for the Seahawks and Luck replaced Painter not Manning lol...But all in all it will be Luck he is the Token QB of the NFL
Photobucket

rgIII over luck. team record, in this case, is very deceptive. skins lost two of their best defensive players, and the defense was already a sieve. rgIII's receivers a collection of 3's, guys that might have been 2's at one point. and he lost his tight end for the year

defense: chandler jones has made an incredible impact both on pass rush and stopping the run. pats now have one of the best run d's in the league. can you imagine if they had any secondary what chandler would be doing on the pash rush?

Hate to admit it but at this point, I'd have to say Robert for Offensive ROY. He looks like the real deal. Extremely accurate and has some wheels. That being said - i think Luck will be the better pro in the long run. Unless Robert learns to avoid the hits, he's going to get injured at some point.
Defensive - i have to say chandler jones. The guy is a beast. JPP type guy.
But i haven't seen a lot of the other D guys to be honest.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]