`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Players are stupid...........

RE: The Players are stupid...........
You make good points but anyone who locks out workers as step 1 isn't someone willing to negotiate. As for contracts, you're right, except that all you really did was describe a loophole that means a team can sign two guys for $200million and then take an eighth of it back 4 months later. I don't care if you call it bargaining or extortion it ultimately means the contract signed means nothing.
As for Fehr, they needed a guy like him to go up against Bettman. Anyone who would seem less confrontational would have had the players making $20 a game. You might not like him, but he's necessary because of Bettman.

Also, habsheaven, is that you?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Step 1 was not a lockout. My understanding is that the league wanted to start negotiating last fall and the players balked at that. When they finally did start talking in August it became clear that nothing was going to get accomplished (which was obvious because there was no incentive to do anything).

The CBA is hardly a loophole. It contains dozens of clauses that effect a player's current contract and his future contracts. A clawback of current earnings is just another bargaining chip.

Even with the total butt-kicking the NHLPA took in the last negotiations they still managed to increase their salaries. I don't think there is any chance of them taking a huge pay cut regardless of who is running the NHLPA.

Who's this habsheaven guy you speak of? LOL

I don't understand how one contract negotiation can change an already decided contract negotiation. What is a player contract worth then? Nothing.

The league came at the players with ridiculous offers that made no sense for the players, offers they knew the players would turn down. The lockout was decided halfway through last season, I'm certain of that. This 50/50 offer is the first contract the league has put forth, but it still has them taking back money they've already signed away. I don't care about the CBA, a contract is a contract. They signed them and are now screaming the contracts they willingly signed don't suit them anymore. Praise and Suter are looking at losing around $12million each on contracts that were signed in July. JULY!
I do see what you're saying, but I'm with the players. A lot of people are calling the Ayers whiney millionaire's, but what about the whiney Billionaires they're fighting.
And he's just some guy I argue with.

Honor the contracts .....get real and don't blame the players....here get a little insight..

click the Houde link..
http://www.chom.com/blog/TerryDiMonte/bl...D=10453149

I read all of the posts and I thought I would throw in a comment. I am sure some people will rake me over the coals but I did not see this point brought up by anyone else. I certainly feel that the players should get all money they signed their contracts for, but think about the GM's here for a minute. You can say they are offering them two much money on the contracts but they need to in order to stay competitive in the market. If your team doesn't do it than another team will offer them that amount. So you can say "this is two much money and I will sign them to this much money" ....good luck ever winning the stanley cup. I guess my point is that it is easy to point fingers and say just don't sign them to those hefty contracts, well that is one of the easiest ways to gain a competitive advantage for your team.

(10-19-2012, 07:53 PM)runfromabear Wrote: I read all of the posts and I thought I would throw in a comment. I am sure some people will rake me over the coals but I did not see this point brought up by anyone else. I certainly feel that the players should get all money they signed their contracts for, but think about the GM's here for a minute. You can say they are offering them two much money on the contracts but they need to in order to stay competitive in the market. If your team doesn't do it than another team will offer them that amount. So you can say "this is two much money and I will sign them to this much money" ....good luck ever winning the stanley cup. I guess my point is that it is easy to point fingers and say just don't sign them to those hefty contracts, well that is one of the easiest ways to gain a competitive advantage for your team.
It is something that all GMs would have to be on board with, but the salary signings and then trying to pull it out from under their feet is the biggest problem facing the NHL, and you can't blame the players for taking the money.

(10-18-2012, 11:22 PM)wickabee Wrote: I'd rather see that kind of money going to paramedics, firefighters,
I got pretty bored with this argument once i realized its like trying to argue religion or politics. Until, I read that little gem above and instantly fell in love with wickabee. Let's push for this to happen.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

Blame Islanders owner Chaarles Wang. He was the one who first started the "lifelong mega deals" when he gave a 10 year deal to Alexei Yashin & a 15 year deal to Rick DiPietro. Granted, both of those came back to bite the Islanders in the "Milbury" but since then, just about every star player started getting these huge long deals worth a ton of money.

(10-18-2012, 06:59 PM)pens fan addict Wrote: one of the offers made by the players was a 50/50 split if the recent contracts owners signed players to would be honored......Owners said no way.
Recent contracts stand is a big thing for the players...
You sign a contract you have to keep it. WHY should the owners be let off easy ?

I think if the 2 side really wanted to solve this thing than they would work harder at it they were not even trying to solve it for a while.

so if 50/50 is not work than what does 53/47? 52/48? 55/45? 54/46? like is it that hard to figure this out and try to work together

sorry just annoying they cant solve this thing after this long